Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
General Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is directed to those 7th gen i4 accord owners (preferaby sedan) who have done any sort of work on their exhausts. Either complete catback, axle-back, mufflers, or custom piping, please post what setup you have, companies, how you like it, price, pics, and so on. This is to help me and all the other i4 owners who are having lots of trouble finding aftermarket exhausts for the 7th gen i4 sedans. Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
179 Posts
They're are i think 5 available full cat exhaust. Tanabe hyper medalion, greddy evo, greddy sp, apexi ws, some more but I forgot. I have custom 2.25 piping with resonator with magnaflow muffler. Overall, its good well spent cuz i can feel more umph on top end. I'm getting the apexi ws pretty soon since its mandrel bent and all stainless steel all around.

·
Registered
442 Posts
better?

The Apex-i will work better than magnaflow, simply because it's mandrel bent?

Isn't the custom piping stainless steel right now?

I am considering to get a custom piping done also, but since you mention it, i am a bit hesitant.

Tell more .
Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
179 Posts
z0n3 said:
The Apex-i will work better than magnaflow, simply because it's mandrel bent?

Isn't the custom piping stainless steel right now?

I am considering to get a custom piping done also, but since you mention it, i am a bit hesitant.

Tell more .
Thanks

Mark

Well, most places crush bend on the piping on the exhaust unless you tell them to mandrel bend and most places don't do mandrel bend but i'm pretty sure you can find one that does it. Far as stainless steel, I only like the stainless cuz it doesn't rust.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dont have it yet, but this will be my setup.

DC Sports Stainless Steel header
-Welds cleaned up and strengthened at muffler shop
-Heat coated at muffler shop

Carsound/Magnaflow High-Flow Cat

Custom made 2.5" Flowmaster piping to a Y with resonator chambers removed, then dual 1.25" piping to dual Flowmaster 60 series mufflers with straight out tips.

I'll be removing the rear bumper cutouts for the tips.

This will be done by Ken's Muffler Shop in Dallas, TX in 2-3 weeks.

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
Depending on what you're trying to shoot for, you can either go with a V6 exhaust (with modifiations) or an i4 exhaust.

I don't know too much about the aftermarket availability for 7gens but there are some many manufacturers that you can check out that possibly have an exhaust that you can purchase, or of course you can go the "custom" route.

Greddy, HKS, Borla, Magnaflow, Apex-i, RSR, Invidia, DC Sports.... are just a some.

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
Good thing is that I wasn't apart of this forum when i did this mod when my car had only 700 miles on it, therefore I didnt have chance to freak out and decide whichmuffler and what not.
This is a custom y pipe with hks style mufflers.
I have a sound clip, lemme know and I'll email you it.

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how to mod my sedan performance wise too. I might go with Magnaflow or perhaps Apexi. It's a ***** to put aftermarket exhaust on sedans since we don't have the cutouts for them and getting a body shop to do the cut-outs costs around 500 bucks with paint and everything. :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts