Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so me and vestax just finished up my install. i'm so happy how its turned out. here's the break down of the equipment:

HU/Processor: W200/H701
Amplifiers: Alpine PDX 4.150/4.100
Midbass: Rainbow Profi Vandium Kickbass
Midrange: Seas Lotus Reference RM110
Tweeters: Rainbow CAL26 Titan
Sub: 12" IDmaxv3d2

so here are build up pics and then some!

Let me know what you guys think!!

If you bay area folks ever need to work done, i'd highly recommend vestax! great guy to work with and loves car audio!

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
pimp. just wondering, how do you like those pdx amps? im planning to sell my diamond audio for some pdx because the diamond amps are so big

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xjdMb16a2six said:
pimp. just wondering, how do you like those pdx amps? im planning to sell my diamond audio for some pdx because the diamond amps are so big
i like them a lot. great power, small and very efficient. these are probably one of those only amps i can use for the install. i have no problems with sound quality. these amps are very underrated. the 4.150 is rated at 150 x 4, but birthsheet came with 171 x 4. the 4.100 is rated at 100 x 4, and was benched at 128 x 4.

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nittanys1 said:
looks awesome!!! the only negative i see is that you lined the door panel with sound material rather then the outer shell of the door (skin)
actually the door skin is also deadened :D. the inner door skin is deadened probably with one layer, as it is definitely hard to reach. the outer door skin has about 3-4 layers of raammat. One top of that the foam you see is ensolite, which helps eliminate road noise.

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
trunk i have about 4 layers of the second skin spectrum (liquid based deadener) and one layer of ensolite. not sure what 4 layers of liquid deadener equates to in mat based deadening though. i have about one layer on the rear deck from inside the cabin. one layer under the rear deck (from the trunk side). the roof i was thinking of doing, but i got lazy, lol.

·
Derek
686 Posts
Nice to see a high end audio system tastefully done, that's a lot of sound deadening material to use, but I imagine the sound quality is pretty sweet in the car. Nice trunk setup, was there a reason you reverse mounted the sub, or was that just for style?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice to see a high end audio system tastefully done, that's a lot of sound deadening material to use, but I imagine the sound quality is pretty sweet in the car. Nice trunk setup, was there a reason you reverse mounted the sub, or was that just for style?
Inverting subs in general are for aestetic reasons.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Im not sure why it was reverse mounted also.. If the back of the driver looked awesome i could understand why someone would do that, or if you have like 3 of them or something and you had the one in the middle backwards i get that, but on a single driver like that that dosent even really look that nice backwards it bogges me besides you somehow missed the fact that the woofer is deeper than the enclosure... Or you wanted extra volume inside the cabinet?

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well main reason for invert mount was due to time constraints. we had a meet to get to and it was late and we wanted some sleep. in order to mount the sub normally, probably would have taken another half hour to an hour. i got 3 hours of sleep that night!

i mounted the sub back to normal in the end.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts