Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one? I'm thinking if I install a monitor in my car that I would rather have it installed below the dash in front of the shifter rather than in the double din spot. I thought I saw a pic on here but Ive searched and searched to no avail. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
i want to put a Nav system down there so it wouldn't obstruct the A/C controls. Were the parts bolt on are fabricated to fit? I have no experience in custom enclosures on the the dash yet.

·
MMMMM....Boost !!!
1,785 Posts
tarheel4ever said:
i want to put a Nav system down there so it wouldn't obstruct the A/C controls. Were the parts bolt on are fabricated to fit? I have no experience in custom enclosures on the the dash yet.

my set up ???

mine is all custom fab. pretty simple.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
CRV_33 said:
i think having the monitor in the third din is cool and unique
It is but when it comes to functionality, it's not a very ideal place to mount one. If you’re using the screen as a primary radio display or for a navigation system, you have to take your eyes off the road for far too long to view it. Mounting the screen in the double din spot makes it much easier to view.

·
Registered
110 Posts
true, I might have to mount the radio down behind the Shifter, and install the nav system in the double DIN area. I woudl like to know the materials used to install pieces used to cover the mounting areas. fiberglass, wood (type), metal, or combination.

·
Registered
448 Posts
here's mine, axisaccord has the same monitor,

I did it myself, it still isn't done. I'll be probably selling it in a couple of months when I finish it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
that is dope! how were you able to mold without any cracks? I want to get one of the radios that have a thumbwheel attachment so I won't get into a wreck while driving. Nice setup though!

·
Registered
448 Posts
tarheel4ever said:
that is dope! how were you able to mold without any cracks? I want to get one of the radios that have a thumbwheel attachment so I won't get into a wreck while driving. Nice setup though!
Its one of those overhead flip down monitors. First I took the whole casing apart and just saved the plastic piece that goes around the front of the lcd. Then I dremeled out a big hole in the dash piece I got from ebay. Then I mounted the plastic piece in the dremeled dash piece and used some hot glue to get the position I wanted. Then I used some abs plastic and cut and fit it around the lcd plastic piece and expoxied it in with plastic epoxy. Then I covered the plastic with 3M Automix EZ Sand Rigid Parts Repair and sanded it all smooth. I have a hairline crack that I have to fill in. The problem is that the dash piece is flexible and when pulling it out of the dash its easy to crack. The headunit is in the bottom DIN held in with the stock stereo brackets. There is nothing attached in the upper DIN and the monitor overlaps the upper DIN.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts