Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
only possible place is the storage bin below the stock radio...unless someone makes a double din mounting kit to replace the stock radio and AC controls.

·
Registered
222 Posts
You can order the Honda kit adapter for the mp3 player unit. This is a double din size trim with a pocket and a space for the mp3 player. I picked one up from cheaphondaparts.com for about $40-$60.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PeaPod said:
You can order the Honda kit adapter for the mp3 player unit. This is a double din size trim with a pocket and a space for the mp3 player. I picked one up from cheaphondaparts.com for about $40-$60.
Link please?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update.... I'm working on having some guys work on fabbing a piece to fit it somewhere. Either replacing current radio or above it in the AC vents. I can have single din up there easy but I want dual din with scooped back. :-D Also working on group buy pricing for the rest of us who do not have navi but now wish they did.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hmm my sister in law has a tape player and mp3 installed in the area of the little cabinet in front of the shifter. from what it looks lik it is a double din peice that replaces the cubby bin and than you can either slide 1 single din unit in and a plastic peice in the other empty din to have a mini storage or 2 single din units or maybe even 1 double din unit...

now if you wanna get really good...all you technically need to do is buy that conversion kit (crutchfield has it) that replaces our A/C controls and temp controls...than get a dremel and measure out the single din to be bigger and cut it and use some hardware to secure your unit (you can get them prolly from home depot) and you've got yourself a double din unit... I THINK :)

goodluck keep us posted!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah, the second one seems like you'll have to look down too far while you're driving. I thought about just getting the existing kit and putting an N-1 down there. But then I know I'd just end up with a totaled car :crash:

But I'm not trying to say you shouldn't put it in the cubby. If that's where you want it, then that's where you should put it. It's just not for me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll go to the shop that did that avic in the ac vents. The thing is I do not want to lose those vents... if he can re-route it I would consider it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
theslayer said:
I'll go to the shop that did that avic in the ac vents. The thing is I do not want to lose those vents... if he can re-route it I would consider it.

You think its too much to pay $200 in labor for this when i'm offering to setup the group buy for V6P? I know usually we get stuff for testing for that.

Know anybody that can beat the price? Let me know.

·
Registered
354 Posts
$200 for the whole job?
I'd do it.
They gonna keep the big ass volume knob/power button functional?
Too bad 98EXL doesn't have his installed yet. I'd love to see it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good question. I'm not sure.... I was thinking of replacing it with this if possible.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/index.php

200 is just for fab... after that I have to install. Considering the power for V6P's group buys or even our estore i think the first demo unit should at least be at cost. Come on we have to have fabricators on our board. I will have to ask locally.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You'd need some serious interest shown before someone's gonna give you a price break. Like 10 people in for sure.

Sounds like there's definitely two of us. Who else has a real interest in this setup? I know it's not finalized yet, but some support is gonna make it happen faster and cheaper. Please post up if you'd seriously consider going with this setup.

·
Registered
82 Posts
aceofspades626 said:
You'd need some serious interest shown before someone's gonna give you a price break. Like 10 people in for sure.

Sounds like there's definitely two of us. Who else has a real interest in this setup? I know it's not finalized yet, but some support is gonna make it happen faster and cheaper. Please post up if you'd seriously consider going with this setup.
if this setup will definitely fit a double din receiver, then count me in :up:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts