Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
i<3 my P.O.S.
652 Posts
very little ......but you can always hook up a 4 channel amp for your interior speaker so you can bump it a little louder without the sound going staticky

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have much knowledge about sound systems but what amp would be a good purchase so that I can use it now for the speakers and then later on with a sub? Also, can I still keep my stock HU if I'm just running new speakers and an amp?

·
i<3 my P.O.S.
652 Posts
ok the thing you need is a high low converter which i have one if you want i'll give it to you for 10 buck shipped and you need a 4 channel amp you can go with pioneer if you want they have pretty good amp
this is a 4 channel amp 460 is good for the interior
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-Amp-480-Watt-4-Channel-Amplifier-W-Crossover_W0QQitemZ5868797457QQcategoryZ39743QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Why try?
326 Posts
i put pioneer 6x9's, 5 ways, in the back and i think it made a difference, sounds louder an clearer, but im probably going to connect a 4 ch amp soon though so we'll see

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
dont bother amping if youre keeping stock speakers. stock speakers cant handle much more power than theyre already getting from the stock HU, esp the rear speakers (theyre especially weak, and prone to distortion)

those pioneers will clean up your highs, even using just the stock HU. theyre a good budget speaker for the time being, but you'll want ot upgrade if and when you get an amp.

you can keep your stock HU and still get an amp by using a "line outout converter," also known as the "high-low" converter, because it converts high-level speaker signal into low-level RCA signal. do a search on "line out converter" or "amp stock HU"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts