Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have PCD's, Jpipe v3, and Magnaflow catback and the rasp is pretty ridiculous. I want to replace the resonator with a larger unit (current is 4" round 18" length) but I'm really at a loss as to which one to get. I'm aiming for a Magnaflow unit and I want to get as large a resonator as possible. Would any of you be willing to point me in the right direction? I called Magnaflow and they said an oval unit would do the best job of reducing the noise.

Piping is 2.5"

Thanks,

1greek

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me rephrase the question: what's the biggest resonator I can safely fit on a very low Accord coupe?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Do you scrape your resonator now? If so, you are gonna scrape most others. If not, you MAY be able to go a little larger (5in round). But I'd recommend the oval as Magnaflow told me the same thing they told you.

Via the formula, your current resonator is ~226cu in. My 6in round x 30in has ~848cu in of volume. I'd suggest the Magnaflow 11216, which is 4x9x14in. That gives you 504cu in (LxWxH) and should give you much more in terms of sound deadening. You could go with the 11246 which is 18in long and gives you 648, but that's up to you on how quiet you want it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts