Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my previous car I had changed the rubber/foam stock engine mounts to polyurethane. It did make the idle a slight bit rougher, but it made a huge difference for driving responce. Essentually, the poly bushings eliminate engine rock, which reduces wheel hop, allows the changing of gears to be smoother, throttle responce was improved, and a few other smaller benefits. I know it sounds nuts that the little pieces could make such a driving difference, but they sure did. I have searched around the net to find something like this for our cars, but with no results. I think this would be a perfect new product for the v6pstore! Can anyone else share their experiences with poly engine mounts?

·
Stoner Boner
830 Posts
I've been looking for them as well. Unfortionately nobody has them out for the I-4/V6 7th Gen...yet. It'd be awesome if we could get the polyurethane motor mounts....maybe someone will make it.

For now, I guess we'll all have to deal with wheelhop :(

·
Registered
511 Posts
this should be the next V6P custom item to be out! screw the unichip and the grounding kits and the door locks! polyurethane bushings for all!

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
You have to remember that the 6th and 7th gen V6 engines sit on fluid filled engine mounts. Replacing them with polyurethane bushings will pose a challenge. But it is a good idea.

i3igpete said:
this should be the next V6P custom item to be out! screw the unichip and the grounding kits and the door locks! polyurethane bushings for all!
:rolleye2:

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
i3igpete said:
:rolleye2:

Thanks for ditching all the hardwork everyone on v6p r&d team is doing..

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
i3igpete said:
Lol :bonk:

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Calm down children ;)

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn I sure didnt expect my post to do all this. I love all the work that v6p is doing for our cars! I sure hope i3igpete was kidding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts