Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would it be possible to make a shift boot conversion like one that looks like this:

where the leather boot only covers the center part and so the shift gauges (P, R, N, D etc..) could be left alone?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
hmmm... i don't think it would look good cuz the center part in our accords is thinner than in the pic...

but if you try it let us know how it goes :)

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
yes it would be possible. you would have to cut the gap where the shaft moves forwards and backwards bigger though. like extend it to the right. check out the 7th gen forum...joedanger11 did it on his 7th gen with the infinity shift knob and boot. looks OEM and i've seen it in person.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
VietNinjaJ30A1 said:
yes it would be possible. you would have to cut the gap where the shaft moves forwards and backwards bigger though. like extend it to the right. check out the 7th gen forum...joedanger11 did it on his 7th gen with the infinity shift knob and boot. looks OEM and i've seen it in person.

this is what he's referring to:

sorry it was a mess in my car from installing the dvd player. but yea, that is a knob/boot from an infiniti m45:

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
yea, it be possible, but you would have to cut and sand down (to make it look good) that plastic piece, and also cut the shaft down too. doesnt seem like too hard of a thing to do if you know what youre doing and which steps to do when.im pretty sure i could get it done in an hour or so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts