Accord V6 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
^No sir. I'm running it without the battery when I plug it in. I hope that's okay because I know you're not supposed to run your laptop with the battery in and have the laptop plugged in at the same time. It kills the life of your battery.

your external hard drive or w/e that is looks carbon fiber lol
My external still has the plastic sticker on it from when I first purchased it. Haha. I'm not that kool. :p

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Going to pick up one of these now

Im getting a Moto Xoom or iPad sortly to pair up with the eye fi. Until then Im using my Barnes and Noble Nook Color to test out the new Eye Fi app :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
I like it. I haven't shot it yet cause I haven't had any time. I cleansed out the gun and will try to shoot next weekend. I was thinking of this or Glock 19. I might get a Glock next time around. And for the record, this is my first handgun owned. There are some aftermarket parts for the SR9C. I will probably buy the Ghost trigger and also polish the internals.

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts

50" x 2 yards of 2x2 Twill Caron Fiber (NOT di-noc) $78.xx shipped

future home.... my roof and rear m5 spoiler.

now for the expensive ass surfboard epoxy resins. i have no idea how much i'll need so im going to grossly over estimate because last thing i want is to run out of epoxy mid project.

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
im actually kinda scared to handle it too much, lol. should have seen how long it took me to cut open the cardboard wrapping aka "tube" they shipped it in.

so far it looks perfect but i only unrolled 2 feet of it. need a big open table to make sure i dont distort anything.

also i thought up a cheap simple way to protect the epoxy on the roof while it cures. im going to put a 10x10 canopy over the car's midsection and tape up a plastic barrier on all sides and put a little space heater within the canopy to maintain a steady temp all night while it cures. call it my make-shift booth, lol.

im honestly still pretty far from actually doing the project because i need to find a suitable clear coat for the roof, the HOK stuff you recommened is great but man its really pushing my budget on this roof. im not really negligent with my car so i know i'll keep CF parts properly waxed at all times so im willing to sacrifice on the clear coat just a little since the epoxy has UV blockers in it, the clear i eventually use will likely have some sort of UV blockers and to top it off, the sealant i use has UV blockers...Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant Product Review – Detailed Image

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
Honestly the resin is more important than the clear Vimal. If you can get past that stage without any hiccups, the clearcoat is a non-issue. The shop used a gallon of clear on my roof, and when you use that much clearcoat OF ANY BRAND...you'll have plenty of protection from the sun. Add in the use of waxes and sealants, and you should be fine even if you choose a less-expensive clear. Look into the PPG Deltron line...that's what Nexson uses (along with a lot of other shops), it should be more than capable to handle this job and should fit your budget better as well. We only used the HOK clear on mine because it was already purchased and was very convenient to use at the time, it was definitely overkill and not necessary.

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
1st gen for ****s and giggles

I didnt like the BB Playbook and I didnt like the Moto Xoom. I might like the HTC Flyer or Sammmy Galaxy Tab 2 when they release.

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Today is early so I haven't bought anything yet, but here's what I bought yesterday.

Arby's Turkey Bacon Ranch

Some gas

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin

Pretty much sums up my day right there.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts