Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Work hard, play later.
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dre told me there was shop in NOVA that does powder coating that he deals with. I have a shop in Frederick, MD that does powder coating for me. I'm looking for a shop closer to the D.C. area that can remove my 4 piston calibers up front and powder coat them black and the lettering that's engrave I want it in a different color thinking gold, bronze or white. I want to do the same for the back ones but I believe the rear has no lettering engrave. The only catch is. It's not a Honda or Acura instead on my Mercedes-Benz CLK 500.

Also looking to powder coated my JDM 4-1 ITR headers black on my Integra. Still debating if I want to remove the header or leave the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I actually had the same plans as you for the brake calipers but I was recommended to not do it because the powdercoating process will weaken them.

·
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon
3,305 Posts
I doubt it would, your calipers get hot as hell all the time so I doubt them being coated will effect anything. They say the same thing about wheels from what some people have said but I have not heard anything bad about coating wheels or calipers.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have no clue, I'm just goin off what Paul told me. There is a chance I didnt listen to his explanation fully. All in all though he recommended against it.

·
3,305 Posts
Yes I heard people bring it up a few times but I know many people that have done it with no problems reported so I guess it's up in the air.

·
Work hard, play later.
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have very high temp coating.

·
Work hard, play later.
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I email them thanks Dre. What about your mechanic does he powder coat or not?

·
3,305 Posts
Yes you can PM him but I dont think he wants to mask the letters on the calipers you'll have to PM him since that will be a pain in the butt lol.

·
Work hard, play later.
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm talking to Gary over at Extream. I may just head up there to check out this dude work if everything else goes well over the phone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts