Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FRAUDULENT SELLER
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Finally got around on taking a quick video of how i have the folding mirrors set up.. i used two 528t Post timer Relays and one Automotive Relay SPDT 30/40 amps.. the post timer relays supply power both ways to the mirrors with the factory power locks and remote, the reason we used this scource is because power locks work pretty much the same as the mirrors there is only two wire that both use + and - on both wires.. meaning when they lock the supply the power one way and when they unlock it reverses the power. Also to avoid the mirrors from folding in and out while the car is running and you push the unlock button inside the car was using the spdt relay to use it to kill the power going from the switch using this relay connected to the ignition power. Ill be glad to help out anyone that want more info on this mod..

Main Things you will need to get this Done:

2 OEM or After Market Inspire Style PW folding mirrors

2 528T Post Timer Relays

1 Sptd relay 30/40 amps

Quick Video

Direct Link
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/xenonhids/?action=view&current=powerfolding101105.mp4

·
Czechopino
2,377 Posts
lights work too?....

otherwise :up:
I'm sure they do. The mirrors aren't meant to blink with the remote, only with the blinkers. Not that others haven't hooked up their signal mirrors to their parking lights and turn signals.. And I'm sure that gflip456 could easily have done it if he wanted to.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums

·
FRAUDULENT SELLER
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lights work too?....

otherwise :up:
yes they blink with the turning signals are on. Thanks

Wow that is nice.. Overall your car is awesome, best looking 7th gen sedan on my book good job man.
Thanks man..i appreciate the love :up:

I'm sure they do. The mirrors aren't meant to blink with the remote, only with the blinkers. Not that others haven't hooked up their signal mirrors to their parking lights and turn signals.. And I'm sure that gflip456 could easily have done it if he wanted to.

thanks for letting him know.. i didnt wire the signals also to the remote because i was too lazy to run the wires for it.. i just wanted to have the folding part going on and everything else working like oem. i also think you were talking about the wrong person

·
Registered
238 Posts

and what happens when you push the remote and the blinkers flash...

to tell you, you have locked or unlocked the doors; ie: they should flash....:p (and OP might have them turned off with the remote or something like that; valet mode?;, so the reason for not flashing when the remote is clicked)

·
AdRiaN
1,049 Posts
thats a sick mod alex :up: i will def b pm u when i ready to do that mod :) still waiting on my mirrors :( thanks for letting us know what's needed to make this happen :up:

·
Registered
652 Posts
:drool2: sweetness! I still want this feature I have my fingers crossed, in communication with someone with backdoor access to jdm parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts