Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 2003 Accord and the other morning my son got in the car and both power seats & the a/c didn’t work (the a/c & heat blower fan stopped workin). The car is a 4 door, has a V6 & I‘ve owned it since new.
I checked all fuses, and they are all fine. From my research, I’m thinking maybe the blower motor resistor my be the problem with air conditioner, but I don’t understand why both seats would stop working at the same time.
I’m hopefully someone on this forum has an idea where I should be checking next.
I appreciate any and all help. Thanks everyone.
Frank

·
Registered
57 Posts
Few questions, does the condenser fan kick on when you select AC? Also does the compressor clutch kick on?

Check fuses 13,14,15,16,17 in the under dash fuse box first (all these are for power seat control) . Then check fuse 30, which fuses about seven different relays, including HVAC, and Seat heaters.
While you have the multimeter out, check fuse 21 in the under hood fuse panel.

If all these check out, you should look for power at the blower motor, and check for power to your seats. Use caution when working around the yellow srs connectors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yesterday evening I changed the blower fan resistor and a/c works perfectly.
I checked the fuses and all look good. This is my son’s car, so hopefully I’ll catch him home at some point today, so I can check for power at the seats
Thanks for your suggestions.
Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts