Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello players!
So my windows are not rolling up or down anymore. Right now you can go to the master switch or at each individual switch and operate them and when you do you can instantly hear a small click from each door. I have given up on figuring it out. im convinced its a programming deal. How did we get to this point?
A While back my passenger side window would not roll up or down so i thought it was the motor. I go on and change the motor but it didnt work. I was told i had to program something. I went to program it by turning the key but while doing so i broke the plastic piece on the master control switch because it was brittle so i no longer was able to do so. Fast forward a bit and my key cylinder gets jacked up.
I end up installing a new key cylinder and i had to use the new key that came with it. This was just an aftermarket piece it wasnt OEM. I had to pay a Car Lock person to program the key somehow. Well even to this day the small KEY light on the dashboard lights up from time to time not sure why.
Back to the windows. I ended fixing the plastic pieces but when i did the master control switch would no longer work right. You could still hear the click from every door but nothing happened. I remember before all of this all the windows would work except for the passenger. Did i screw something up when i installed a new key cylinder if so how do i fix it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I want to add that a few days ago one of my daughters pressed the unlock button on the remote in an attempt to unlock the car. Instead of it unlocking it just made the alarm go off. I pressed the keys to try to silence the alarm but nothing happened i even tried starting the car. None of those things worked in shutting off the alarm. It was embarrassing. what i did was remove the horn fuse but the flashing lights remained. But even if you silence the horn the alarm is still in effect. With the Horn fuse out of there, the car does not let me put it in gear. The stick is stuck and won't budge. I put the fuse back in there just so i can tape the stick button so it wont lock in place then i removed the fuse again. I had posted something about my windows not working since repalced the key cylinder with a new one which required a new key. I cant help but to think this is all connected.I would appreciate any help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts