Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wow... I'm not saying it's a slow car, or that it can't back up it's ricey-ness... but I would expect better from an upmarket brand. Not one part of the ridiculous quad exhaust tips of the IS-F is part of the exhaust. It's like how 99-04 Mustangs had those fake blocked off hood-scoops and rear fender scoops that didn't even help with cooling.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
LOL nice catch :Owned:

Verrrrry interesting

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Well actually, at a second glance...what's the big deal? They just aren't connected to the muffler outlets right behind them. Makes for easier cleaning...me likes :angel:

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Now if the exhaust really glowed blue light that, that'd be rice :laugh:

In all honesty though, an E92 M3 sedan is 3 grand cheaper than an IS-F. Tough choice there :rolleyes:

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stock for stock, it's faster than the GTO. I'd expect that, since it costs twice as much. I think it's funny. To me it's tacky, because it's just there for gaudy looks... like the previous generation Mustang "scoops". I don't think it'd make it easier to clean either, because it's being spat at with exhaust debris (although not much with today's cleaner cars, but after time it adds up).

If Hyundai, Chrysler, or Chevy did something like this... I'm sure people would laugh. I guess since it's Lexus (Mercedes/BMW/Infiniti/Cadillac insert upscale brand) that's doing it, it's acceptable. Hell, if someone saw this on a Civic Si, I think the general public's tune would be different than "wow, that's cool... despite the fact that it's purely for looks and really gaudy". The Lexus LS has better done exhaust tips from what I've seen. They have their funky unique shape, but at least they're not hanging add-ons. Then again, I may be wrong... and they just did a better job of camouflaging the fact that their hangy thingies like the ones on the IS-F.

Maybe when I get older and hopefully richer, I won't be so uptight and resentful towards over-priced "premium" brands.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Maybe when I get older and hopefully richer, I won't be so uptight and resentful towards over-priced "premium" brands.
Hater :p

It's a sweet car, but not for everybody. No car is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts