Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering who has installed the precat deletes already?...if possible, could you do a write-up on it for the install?...

thanks
Will

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah also gotta make sure you don't hit the passenger side radiator when you remove the passenger side fan according to stillhere..otherwise you'll have some coolant leak

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i finished the install, it sounds a bit louder but definitely feel the extra power. removing the passenger side fan is a must but the hose that is connected to the radiator is not necessary.

there is no need to remove the passenger axle and half shaft. there is enough room on the top to remove the heat shield and pre-cat. just have to jiggle it a bit to get it out.

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
^ I agree... the trick is to get the heatshields off before you unbolt the 4 12mm for the precat... glad my instructions could be of help to you... alot of people seem to remove to much when there is enough space to pull it up from the top you know, it kinda makes it an easier do it yourself, cuz me, I am not all gunho about removing and axle and what not, god forbid I dont put it back correctly lol

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
^ I agree... the trick is to get the heatshields off before you unbolt the 4 12mm for the precat... glad my instructions could be of help to you... alot of people seem to remove to much when there is enough space to pull it up from the top you know, it kinda makes it an easier do it yourself, cuz me, I am not all gunho about removing and axle and what not, god forbid I dont put it back correctly lol
i guess i should have been the second one to install them not the first scratch that (Richie is the first) haha neway i wish i woulda known about the heat shields but i still would not have been able to get the cat out unless i removed the strut brace. and i figured goin through the bottom would be easiest since i had to remove them once before already and thats how i did it. But thanks for the useful info im glad its easier than wut i did.:smack:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts