Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already searched before anybody tells me, but i am wanting to get peoples response on one thread.............. what is the cheapest website you have been able to by a supercharger and how much was it...............i am waiting for a student loan to come through than i am going to invest in one.......thank you

·
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6
3,407 Posts
Depends if you want to buy used or not. Brand new is about $3600. http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=267&cat=59&page=1

You can find used ones for about $2600-$3000 depending on the condition. There's actually one on cl.acurazine.com for $4500 but that also includes the Hope System Intercooler.....great price cause the Hope System itself cost $2600. To utilize the Hope System on the Accord, you'll need CL-S heads. But then you're tranny will prolly blow due to the power the system is going to put out.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
ya for serious owners, s/c, hope sys, EVIL tranny, CLS cams, cls engine swap, ...all these mods cost more then the car lol but our car sure looks good :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlackV62K2 said:
Depends if you want to buy used or not. Brand new is about $3600. http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=267&cat=59&page=1

You can find used ones for about $2600-$3000 depending on the condition. There's actually one on cl.acurazine.com for $4500 but that also includes the Hope System Intercooler.....great price cause the Hope System itself cost $2600. To utilize the Hope System on the Accord, you'll need CL-S heads. But then you're tranny will prolly blow due to the power the system is going to put out.
also will my tranny be able to withstand a supercharger i f i just have a transmission cooler? because i am a poor broke college student and i can not afford both

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
^^^lol with the tranny cooler your safe to 600 whp

j/k but thats all i have as well as other mods such as the mugen mods (about $150) and redline water wetter (roughly $7). and my tranny is just fine

on a side note i also dont abuse my car and rarely boost, even while merging onto the freeway :angel:

EDIT: forgot i also bought thermoblock spacers a month ago ($101) if you have a supercharger you can only use the manifold spacer.

hope this helps

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
hey i just read ur rides. i also have a red coupe like yours but mine is a 2000 and my brother has a anniversary edition 750 gixxer as well :eek:

u better post pics of both :)

edit for spelling

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
slowaccord said:
hey i just read ur rides. i also have a red coupe like yours but mine is a 2000 and my brother has a anniversary edition 750 gsr :eek:

u better post pics of both :)

i will, you know what sucks is when i get in my car after riding my bike and think of the money i have blown to make my car faster and my car is never going to be able to touch my bike............ even though it is small amount of money compared to others

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
slowaccord said:
^^^lol with the tranny cooler your safe to 600 whp

j/k but thats all i have as well as other mods such as the mugen mods (about $150) and redline water wetter (roughly $7). and my tranny is just fine

on a side note i also dont abuse my car and rarely boost, even while merging onto the freeway :angel:

EDIT: forgot i also bought thermoblock spacers a month ago ($101) if you have a supercharger you can only use the manifold spacer.

hope this helps
thanks i appreciate all the good info

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
slowaccord said:

to bad i dont know how 2 ride it :eek:
mine looks alot like that except i have a micron exhaust with micron serpent headers, a quick acceleration kit, racing pistons, high lift cams, and i have carbon fiber where the gas tank is...................... and if i can ride one i know you can because when i got mine i had never ridden a sport bike, dirt bike or nothing..................i just had a friend bring it home for me and i was riding it by the end of the day :D

·
Got LSD?
1,216 Posts
Just remember the blower is just the beggining. It will end up costing you alot more money later, believe me. either labor or tools to install it. Your going to want cooling mods, gauges, and eventually new trans. If your broke and this is your only ride, I would buy all the other stuff first and then get a blower. Thats what I would do

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
marr9188 said:
thanks i appreciate all the good info

when you got the supercharger, was it worth the money you spent on it out of curiousity, i mean does it make a huge difference in the car since it only gives 49 whp as comptech claims................. i want one so bad but i dont wanna get it than be disappointed ya know? :confused:

·
Got LSD?
1,216 Posts
I was disappointed actually. I only dynoed at 207 with 4 psi. Not bad but not for the money. I am now running the cl pulley w/no fuel management and it is much better, but my transmission will probably go soon. You will have to keep throwing all your money at your car, which is cool too but it never stops. If you do it get the cl pulley and keep saving your money so your ready for the next problem. hope my experience helps.

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
theres always the cls pulley for like $90, i wouldnt even start with the base pulley, its not worth it. since u have to spend alota money tuning it might as well start with with what you'll eventually end up with. my guess is the majority if not all the people who have the comptech kit for the accord have either the av6 pulley (5-6 psi) or cls pulley (7-8 psi)

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
marr9188 said:
mine looks alot like that except i have a micron exhaust with micron serpent headers, a quick acceleration kit, racing pistons, high lift cams, and i have carbon fiber where the gas tank is...................... and if i can ride one i know you can because when i got mine i had never ridden a sport bike, dirt bike or nothing..................i just had a friend bring it home for me and i was riding it by the end of the day :D

damn you dropped alota money into that bike huh? if u dont mind me asking how much did u pay for the bike new out the door from the dealership?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
slowaccord said:
damn you dropped alota money into that bike huh? if u dont mind me asking how much did u pay for the bike new out the door from the dealership?

i got the bike for $9500, and after financing charges it came to a little over $11,000

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
00suprchrgdAV6 said:
I was disappointed actually. I only dynoed at 207 with 4 psi. Not bad but not for the money. I am now running the cl pulley w/no fuel management and it is much better, but my transmission will probably go soon. You will have to keep throwing all your money at your car, which is cool too but it never stops. If you do it get the cl pulley and keep saving your money so your ready for the next problem. hope my experience helps.
thanks for the info, i will look into all of this

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Who knows I might sell my supercharger kit eventualy. Right now I'm working on getting it installed so I can enjoy it for a while. College student here too, so I know how it is with money, but I wouldn't use student loans... at least not yet. Used aids, grants and scholarships but everything else is taking it a little too far for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts