Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have i4 accord and when i try to put it in first it sometimes doesnt go in i have to let go of tha clutch a lil bit..then it goes in..do i need a new clutch and will warranty cover it? btw i have neuspeed short shifter adapter.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Are you sure you are at a complete stop? Most manuals have a shift lock to keep you from going into first gear unless you are completely stopped, no rolling thru stop signs.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i have the neuspeed short shifter also....sometimes for first gear i have to give it an extra umph to get it in there but other than that i never had a problem not getting it in there at all.....peapod is right too...even if ur rolling very slowly u'll have some trouble gettin it in there...just make sure ur at a complete stop for 1st gear

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
adamkim83 said:
i have the neuspeed short shifter also....sometimes for first gear i have to give it an extra umph to get it in there but other than that i never had a problem not getting it in there at all.....peapod is right too...even if ur rolling very slowly u'll have some trouble gettin it in there...just make sure ur at a complete stop for 1st gear
my car comes to a complete stop...then i try to put it in first....u think i need a new clutch?

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
I can put my car in 1st when rollin at 10mph so iono...

i'm pretty sure u dont have to go to a complete stop.

My tranny is kinda weird, if i'm at a stop and i put clutch down and try to put it into 1st or 2nd, theres a slight hesitation as if the tranny is warming up. Very anoying, but it goes in if i put it in the 2nd time, smooth as butter. But regarding ur problem, if its really big and u have a feelin somethin really wrong, definitely take it in to a dealer. My friends say its supposed to have a hesitation when puttin into 1st or 2nd gear at a stop because of the tranny warmin up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts