Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so! after some people buggin me, and me wanting to procrastinate studying for my midterm, i decided to fit my screen! haha. I've had it fabbed into the bezel for a while, but i didnt know the CC unit would hit the top of the housing, so i had to cut that down. tomorrow my weekend begins, i'll move the radio and start wiring everything up tomorrow, time permitting. anyway, pics!
before:

and now in progress!

Its not a bad paint job, its just really dusty, it's been sitting on a table for like a month. i'm actually pretty satisfied with how it matches the texture of the rest of the plastic in the dash.

this is what i had to cut off to fit the CC stuff onto the top of the screen:

the inside of all of this stuff is so delicate, i hated pulling it apart. and i had to use pliers to remove a quarter inch of plastic, because the wiring harness for the screen goes through the back housing, and is soldered to the board on the inside, and has a plug on the outside. so i couldnt just pull it though. PITA. but that part's hidden anyway, so no biggy, right? haha

now all thats left is installing the 3rd din kit, plugging in all the parts, remounting the mobo in the glovebox, wiring for power, upgrading the OS, installing a bunch of software, and testing it out... haha. this weekend hopefully i'll get on at least some of that. its a work in progress. and there's a huge hole in my dash at the moment, i took the screen back out, so i could still use the radio.

comments?

·
I'm stupid with cars
610 Posts
damn dave.. you have a pretty baller place up there..
no wonder why you left irvine :p

j/k nice job with your screen :D

how long did that fitting take you?

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, doing it the last time only took me a couple hours.
but i did it like 6 times before that. first time workin with bondo. so i had to learn the hard way a couple times. then used bad paint, and didnt primer, so after i hated that, i had to sand it down. repeat about 4 times. then i got smart, went slow, got it to a point i was happy with
primer
then paint. voila

·
Car Person Wanna-Be
623 Posts
Looks really nice man, any updates?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts