Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a pair of custom shrouds i bought from homedepot its made of plastic, will it melt??

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
depends on what plastic... what part is it? you can try to figure out what plastic it is and do a msds search for its melting temps and such... also if it gives off any chemicals/fumes when heated.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The E46 shrouds are Plexi-glass and they dont melt. It also depends on what kinda projectors you are using. Assuming that you are using a TSX projectors, it should be OK but as joedander11 said it depends on what kinda plastic it is.
Tell me what kinda projectors are you using and I'll hook you up with some E46 or custom projectors like I have on my car for a very good price.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Igotvtec04 said:
what about PVC??
The TSX projector wont get hot enough to melt the shroud, niether does the E46 projector. The shrouds sits on the metal ring which holds the lense in place and doesnt get as hot as the rest of the projector body so you should be ok there.
The temprature is about 100-150 deegree after several hours and plastic doesnt melt it that temprature.
I've seen another v6per using "good stuff" which is used to insulate houses and hot water pipes and it can stand upto 200 degrees.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts