Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I've had the PS2 in glovebox setup for awhile now, but just recently it hasn't been reading any discs. For awhile it wouldn't read DVD's but a week ago it stopped reading any discs whatsoever. When I load a disc it powers off, meaning, the light turns from green to red and the screen goes blank. I think its a problem with power...but I'm not sure. I plugged it into my house outlet and it works fine. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The PS2 has been known to have hardware failures just like the one you describe. Especially the ones made about a year ago which have the model 31000.

Could be that. Sony usually gives you a replacement PS2 if you send yours in.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The PS2 has been known to have hardware failures just like the one you describe. Especially the ones made about a year ago which have the model 31000.

Could be that. Sony usually gives you a replacement PS2 if you send yours in.
but he said it works fine when he plugs it in his house....so it would be a problem in hardware.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
that exact same thing happened to me, it works fine in the house, but my power inverter didnt even turn on....i had to rewire the inverter and now everything is fine...i dont know what it was tho...a fuse somewhere i assume.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Bad inverter, turn it off when your not using. Thats just what i figured out....

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes, replace the power inverter. Buy a good one with a warranty. Relay it so it only turns on with switched power, so it's not always on.

Sam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts