Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was looking at a pulley sysytem for my car which is a 2005 honda accord v6 sedan. Do the pulleys provide any gain for our cars? Its all over the 6gen threads that it does a lot but will it do that much for our cars? Thanks

·
AccordingToSean
874 Posts
ight... ill PM u to let u know if im gonna get rid of it, and think of a price it only have 4k miles on it. Im just waiting for an ok to get rid of my car..... looking into friends GTO.

·
Pilot & Accord
867 Posts
how hard is it to install a pulley? Is it expensive?
Hardest thing is to take out the stock pulley bolt. Don't waste your time trying yourself, take it to a shop and ask them to do it with a professional 1,000lb torque air-power impact wrench, then put some anti-seize lubricanton it and put it back on. Please note that for the under drive version of that pulley you'll need a new drive belt: gates belt # k060820 6PK2135.

There are a bunch of threads here that talk about all that, do a search.

I did notice a slightly better response in the throttle and the gears but nothing to write home about.

·
Very Inspired
1,069 Posts
ya, you will notice better acceleration. wont make your car any faster than it already is, just makes your car reach those rpm faster than when you have your heavy stock pulley

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
there are only 2 pulley options... 1 is stock sized, the other is smaller and underdrives the accessories... Unorthodox Racing is the only maker

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
ya, you will notice better acceleration. wont make your car any faster than it already is, just makes your car reach those rpm faster than when you have your heavy stock pulley
:confused: You contradicted yourself. Better acceleration and getting through the RPMs quicker are both signs of a faster car.

I've heard good things about the UR Crank Pulley. I just hope it's safe enough to use on a Warrantied car.

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
:confused: You contradicted yourself. Better acceleration and getting through the RPMs quicker are both signs of a faster car.

I've heard good things about the UR Crank Pulley. I just hope it's safe enough to use on a Warrantied car.
x2. My friend had all the AEM pulleys on his H22. His alternator kept having charging problems. I hope they aren't linked, and I hope they won't make your accessories any less durable/reliable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts