Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
V6P Groupbuy Approved
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions for your swap guys. Does the J30A1 come out of the top? All the procedures I’ve found so far involve dropping the motor out the bottom. Also can you unbolt the AC compressor without opening the system? Its new clutch time. :cool

·
im obsessed with intakes.
752 Posts
u can prb pull the motor out from the top, if u take the tranny out first... as far as the ac system... as far as i know.... the anwser is no.....

oyea, why didnt u just get a new clutch when u got the tranny?

·
V6P Groupbuy Approved
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i saw a picture of jimmyrecluse's swap with the CLs tranny bolted up to engine outside of the car. I really dont want to deal with the whole droping cross member thing again. :rolleye2:

·
im obsessed with intakes.
752 Posts
wellll actualllly...... isnt the manual tranny alot smaller than the auto one..... if it is.... u might be able to crack enough space to pull the clutch and pressure plate off.... throw on the bearing etc..... PM someone thats pulled j30 engines out before and done a swap.....

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
In Helm repair manual they pull engine from the bottom, just because it’s easier if you have the lift, but I don’t see any obstruction to pull engine out thru the top.
However, why would you remove engine for valve job? Just remove the cylinder head(s).

·
Registered
197 Posts
if all your gonna do is replace the bent valves then yes its just a head job.
as for the clutch, its better to just drop the tranny

·
Registered
655 Posts
He forgot to mentioned that he was replacing the engine as well. So the head job wouldnt do.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i dont see why he should have a problem removing the block out from the top.
there is clearence, he may just have to remove parts around it to make clearence like the rad and other stuff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts