Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my windows tinted some time ago, back window about 2 inches strip
From the top has some bubbles, this is where glass has "doted matrix" Also, from outside close distance it looks kind of gray instead of limo.
Any experience with that, I red it is difficult to tint that area. Can any one show me the picture how there window was done I would really appreciate that
Thanks, excellent forum nice pix :D .
tlak

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do a search... This is a problem. I believe others have applied a black vinyl strip to the window.

Someone did it on the inside before tinting and another did it on the outside. Both looked pretty good.

The person who did it on the inside said it was 'because the vinyl is more flexible than dark tinting film.' They were able to force it into and around all the dots.

I couldn't tell it was done from the pictures they took. Don't know how it looks in person.

I plan on doing it sometime. Just been too busy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WildcatMike said:
Do a search... This is a problem. I believe others have applied a black vinyl strip to the window.

Someone did it on the inside before tinting and another did it on the outside. Both looked pretty good.

The person who did it on the inside said it was 'because the vinyl is more flexible than dark tinting film.' They were able to force it into and around all the dots.

I couldn't tell it was done from the pictures they took. Don't know how it looks in person.

I plan on doing it sometime. Just been too busy.
I saw some pictures of back window with vinyl strip outside, but photos were not made to show the strip but back of the car. I've never seen vinyle in person :(
As far as vinyl at the inside that would be good idea, although I thought vinyl is ticker and stiffer than tint film.
thanks for input WildcatMike
:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kramer2k said:
Here's photo of mine. It still looks like the day I had it done. It's an indoor/outdoor industrial vinyl product that my tint guy put on. It is applied on the inside just like tint film. I had some more pictures, but this will have to do.

this is grate
did tint guy put it on at the same time as tine, i have tint all the way up, do you think it would be posible to cut the top part out and put that vinyl in?
did thay much tint color well?

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
tlak said:
this is grate
did tint guy put it on at the same time as tine, i have tint all the way up, do you think it would be posible to cut the top part out and put that vinyl in?
did thay much tint color well?
No, the vinyl was installed about 2 weeks after the tint was installed. I wanted to see what the vinyl would look like over the dots before I tried the vinyl. After a couple of weeks, I saw that the tint looked like ass over the dots, I went back and had him do the vinyl. It's very easy for any tint guy to remove the section of tint film from the dots. Oh yeah, the color match is perfect. My tint is 10% and the vinyl cannot be noticed from the outside.

·
Registered
358 Posts
kramer -

the viny strip is on the inside of the window? i always thought you had a strip on the outside and it was just cut well so you could hardly see the strip...

i have 20% tint on my car do you think the vinyl strip will match? because if so ill go to the tinters this wknd have them cut out the piece of tint over the matrix and put the vinly strip on for me..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my tinters don'd deal with vinyl :mad:
I may need to find new place, probably I will have to re do whole back window :mad:

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
yo tlak...here is a pic of my vinyl strip in the rear. more pics in my gallery. using vinyl strip over the dots in the rear window is the way to go. good luck finding a place that can install vinyl.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
flyvtec
Thanks a lot :D
looks good, :D
pix are grate now I gave very good idea how to have tints done right. I should have been smarter and figure that out before I got tints. :rolleye2:
too late for that

Does any one know Chicago area good tinting/vinyl place?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a lot of webs that are selling Blank Vinyl Winshield Strips but they all mention that the vinyl has to be installed at the outside :mad:
Is it outside only or vinyl can be fliped over to stic at the inside ?
thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
was looking at my car this weekend and was thinking i should finally get it done, been lazy bout it hah. How much did you guys pay for the vinyl install on the dot matrix?

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
My guy charged me $20 to remove his first attempt at covering with regular tint film, and then reapply the vinyl.

OT: Fly, what's going on with the Pads man?!? Our roles are now reversed, eh? :D You've got the lowely D-Backs sneaking up and we've got the long-too-lucky Nats finally fizzling. Later man :up2:

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
I have 35% tint on my rear windows and the vinyl looks great in sunny San Diego!

kramer2k...what up bro! yeah...didn't i say that the dog days of summer will separate the pretenders from the contenders! my padz are suckin a** right now and it's frustrating as heck seeing this team's offense go into a deep freeze! but there are still a couple of months left so anything can happen in the wild, wild NL west! padres vs braves in the playoffs is still a reality...keep da faith!!! :D

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
BlackAccord03 said:
you guys think that black vinyl would look good on 35% on a sunny day?
Absolutely, it will look good. The so called dot matrix is situated so high up on the rear window that you can hardly see it from inside the car. From the outside, the black vinyl just looks like part of the window. It's impossible to discern between the vinyl and top of the window.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts