Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I stop my car or park in garage I smell rotten eggs. I read some things about catalytic converter being at fault (make sense). Also, people posted that the smell should go away after some time. I had my accord v6 coupe for almost a year (9k miles only) now and smell is still bed as it was last year (hit and no wind environment make it even worst). I don't even drive with open windows anymore and my ac is set on circulate inside air only.
I would appreciate opinion and suggestions :D
tlak

·
From J30A to 4g63
753 Posts
tlak said:
Whenever I stop my car or park in garage I smell rotten eggs. I read some things about catalytic converter being at fault (make sense). Also, people posted that the smell should go away after some time. I had my accord v6 coupe for almost a year (9k miles only) now and smell is still bed as it was last year (hit and no wind environment make it even worst). I don't even drive with open windows anymore and my ac is set on circulate inside air only.
tlak
Do you use octane booster in your fuel?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I experimented with different gas distributors and different octane rating it doesn't seams to be related to that.

·
Banned
366 Posts
tlak said:
tlak
It's normal. Just bear with it and the smell will eventually go away when enough heat burns off the crap in the cat. I had the same thing happen to me for some time, and eventually it went away.

- Vic

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
i only smell some like rotten egg sh1t when i hit past vtec

btw, i took my cousin n his G35 lol

kept up 2nd gear, 3rd gear started pullin more

mebbe he wasn't tryin... but still feels good :)

Day 4 and already racin... :X

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:
You're not driving it hard enough. Get on the gas a little more.
stupid as it sounds, if your problem is related to the cat, futzing around at WOT will make the problem either noticeably better, or noticeably worse. reason for this is that after psuhing your engine for a while, you expell more and hotter exhuast, causing your cats to heat up. heat acts as a catalyst to the reactions that occur in the cat, and thus either speeds up the reaction thats causing the sulfur smell, or speeds up a reaction which will eliminate the smell. give it a shot, and let us know how it goes! gl ;D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"You're not driving it hard enough. Get on the gas a little more."
I thought I am driving hard, I surly can always drive harder, :D
I give it a shot, I am taking car to the dealer in few weeks - driver seat is misbehaving when I move it towards the front or back (grinding), also my headliner is sagging at the back in the center which I don’t think is normal. I probably should mention the smell right?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
odk you right, I saw it, just wonder if anyone had same problem and it went away after a wile. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honcho said:
I would only get the smell in cold weather under hard accel. It went away around 7000 miles. No problems since.
I have almost 9000 miles on it and still smell it, as you said after hard acceleration. It's in 90s right now and it seams to be as bad as in winter :rolleye2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts