Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mark G.
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all camber guru's out there, When getting an alignment is it good to set the rear camber to 0, instead of the factory -1 and is there some benefit on that desired setting? and setting it to camber 0 will it wear the rear tire quicker?

I know one negative effect would be in handling, and positive side on it will be on the appearance on the car. Btw i have ingalls rear camber kit.

thanks!

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
jobata23 said:
To all camber guru's out there, When getting an alignment is it good to set the rear camber to 0, instead of the factory -1 and is there some benefit on that desired setting? and setting it to camber 0 will it wear the rear tire quicker?

I know one negative effect would be in handling, and positive side on it will be on the appearance on the car.

thanks!
I have -1.5 and -1.3 on my rear camber. I've been running aroung 8000 miles so far, and no significant camber wear.

With a -1 camber setting, u'll have better cornering ability, but nothing really significant. Just leave it as it is, no reason to really mess with it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
jobata23 said:
any1 else out there has more input? c'mon guys! this aint no newb question
Funny this thread came up. I just had a alignment done again this weekend. My car has been having handling issues. So with my free firestone lifetime alignment, i have been experimenting with various settings. I too had ingalls camber installed but when i did, i had the rear camber set to back to stock specs of -1.0 or -1.5. The handling suffered. Didnt turn as fast. I went and had my rear camber set to -2.0degree. They actually set it to -2.1 for some reason. The car turns alot better now. I have HFP suspension and the rear camber spec for HFP is -2.0 +/- .33 degree i believe. So you are OK.

Oh and I've ran -2yish rear camber drop before for awhile and didnt notice much more wear in tire. The HFP drop itself will reduce the rear camber to -2yish. Just make sure u rotate your tires every 5000miles. I will monitor my tires more frequently now for wear again...

As more my other alignment settings, I decided to try these:

Front Toe-Out: -0.04" or -1mm (spec is 0 +/-0.08") or ( 0 +/- 2mm)
Rear Toe-In: +0.08" or 2mm ( spec is 0.08" +/-0.08") or (2mm +/-2mm)

Maybe others with experience with adjust the toe can chime in on the optimal settings for them for performance. My car doesnt track the road to well and wanders around so i decided to mess around with the front toe. I also have a lot of bump steer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts