Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED...Quality of the 2006 accord

Hi everyone
i realli wanted to buy the accord cuz i love the design and it has a nice interior and backseats. if i buy it, it will be a 2006 coupe v6 6mt. i just registered here as a member but i have been coming here for some time trying to get some information. but recently i have read a thread that realli bothered me. it says a owner had all these problems :

1) Headliner Rattle
2) A and B Pillar Rattle
3) Passenger Glove Box is way off (tried adjustment at dealer they say they can't fix it, so now I have light coming from my glove box area at night)
4) Front Brake Shudder (Right Side) vibrates and makes a horrible noise.
5) Shifting into 3rd doesn't always clear gate, have to jiggle it into gear.
6) Leather seats are showing premature wear.
7) Drivers Side Seat Feels like it's coming out of alignment on turns.
8) Paint is showing dimples (not sure if that's the correct term) but even after waxing it's got lots of little dots.
9) Right Front Shock Blown? Sounds like a thump when I hit small potholes or bumps.
10) Eye Glass Holder Rattles (with & without glasses in it)
11) Molding on Windows is coming off, sort of like a melted look.

quality of a car is realli important to me..so does the 06 accord have all these problems too??? or were they fixed???

all input is appreciated and thx in advance

:EDIT: ok i decided i want either the accord or the rsx type-s

how much would be a reasonable price for 06 accord coupe ex v6 6mt with navi?

i live in southern california, so if u have bought an accord, i would like to know how much everyone is paying for it. thank you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
vt4c4lif4 said:
Hi everyone
i realli wanted to buy the accord cuz i love the design and it has a nice interior and backseats. if i buy it, it will be a 2006 coupe v6 6mt. i just registered here as a member but i have been coming here for some time trying to get some information. but recently i have read a thread that realli bothered me. it says a owner had all these problems :

1) Headliner Rattle
2) A and B Pillar Rattle
3) Passenger Glove Box is way off (tried adjustment at dealer they say they can't fix it, so now I have light coming from my glove box area at night)
8) Paint is showing dimples (not sure if that's the correct term) but even after waxing it's got lots of little dots.
9) Right Front Shock Blown? Sounds like a thump when I hit small potholes or bumps.

quality of a car is realli important to me..so does the 06 accord have all these problems too??? or were they fixed???

i can't speak for the 6mt coupe, but my sedan has none of these problems. my only "problems" with the car is that the sunroof retracts way too slow, and the stock tires make ALOT of road noise. i've had no dimples on my paint yet, but be careful when you wash it. when i whipped out my keys, i barely scraped the door handle and it left a mark... but i was able to scrub it away with some wax.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So far, no problems with my 2006 Accord Sedan V6 EX 6MT (~1,300 miles).

RAR

·
Sponsored by my bank acct
229 Posts
vt4c4lif4 said:
Hi everyone

1) Headliner Rattle
2) A and B Pillar Rattle

1. No
2. No
3. Glove box is off and yes, light shines through but I can live with that.
4. No
5. N/A
6. 6000km and still looking good.
7. No
8. No
9. No
10. No
11. No

·
Registered
836 Posts
for some reason, the sedans seems to have less build quality issues (rattles and squeaks, etc) than the coupes do. my 04 sedan has none of those problems. so...get a sedan! :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
I used to have an 04 sedan ex-l. I sold it with 23K miles to my sis. Heres my experiance with the car.

1) Headliner Rattle- no

2) A and B Pillar Rattle-no

3) Passenger Glove Box is way off (tried adjustment at dealer they say they can't fix it, so now I have light coming from my glove box area at night)- Yes..wasnt a big deal to me. I guess I wasn't the only one that noticed it hahaha.

4) Front Brake Shudder (Right Side) vibrates and makes a horrible noise.- Yes, many people have problems with the factory brakes.

5) Shifting into 3rd doesn't always clear gate, have to jiggle it into gear.-no

6) Leather seats are showing premature wear.- Yes, driver side seat was getting wrinkly.

7) Drivers Side Seat Feels like it's coming out of alignment on turns.- Yes

8) Paint is showing dimples (not sure if that's the correct term) but even after waxing it's got lots of little dots.- My front bumper was riddled with rock chips. I only did normal city/freeway commutes.

9) Right Front Shock Blown? Sounds like a thump when I hit small potholes or bumps.- No, My car was lowered with Eibachs and the stock shocks were holding up pretty well, but I'm sure they would have blown out eventually.

10) Eye Glass Holder Rattles (with & without glasses in it)- no

11) Molding on Windows is coming off, sort of like a melted look.-no

I know you're asking about the 2006. I'm just sharing my experiance with the 2004. Hopefully it helped. It's a great car with a bunch of amenties. Good luck on your purchase.

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
iVTECaddict said:
for some reason, the sedans seems to have less build quality issues (rattles and squeaks, etc) than the coupes do. my 04 sedan has none of those problems. so...get a sedan! :D
i know eh. wish i got the sedan instead. i think its because the sedans are built in Japan. the coupes are built in the US.

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
xjdMb16a2six said:
i know eh. wish i got the sedan instead. i think its because the sedans are built in Japan. the coupes are built in the US.

where did you here that? i thought the majority of new hondas were built in the USA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thx for all the input everyone

i can live with all the rattles and noises but the thing that bothers me most is the 3rd gear problem..

any 06 6mt owners out there ???

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
04accordcpe said:
where did you here that? i thought the majority of new hondas were built in the USA.
nah SOME of the sedan are built in Japan. i think only the 4banger tho. my friend and my cousin's sedan are built in Japan, according to their VIN#.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Where the car's built has little to do with the quality of the car when it comes to Honda's, especially with material quality. Assembly issues (mostly rattles) are due to the quality standards set by Honda for all of there assembly facilities. Also, how the parts are designed and what materials are used has an affect on the quality and how well they fit in the car. When the 7th gen Accord launched, many of the inline 4 sedans were imported to America from Mexico and Japan to meet demand. Now, most of the ones sold in the United States are assembled in the United States.

·
Registered
98 Posts
vt4c4lif4 said:
1) Headliner Rattle
2) A and B Pillar Rattle
I just got back from the NASA weekend at VIR. I have a total now of 6200 miles on a 2006 Accord 6-6 Coupe bought on December 21 2005. The car was built in November 2005 at Marysville.

I have absolutely none of those problems and I can highly recommend the 2006 Accord as a wonderful buy that performs very well. The only thing missing, to my taste, is the Torsen LSD out of the TL. As much HP and torque as the car has, I think it would be a very good idea, and I will probably put it in on my own.

Since I've had the privilege of being up close to both the Accord Coupe 6-6 and the Accord Sedan 6-6, I think I should let you know that there are some differences between the two that might make you want to prefer the Sedan 6-6 to the Coupe.

The Coupe's 3" shorter, and there are HFP parts available for the Coupe that you cannot get for the Sedan, and the leather is perforated instead of solid like the Sedan.

However, if none of that matters to you very much, you should take a good look at the Sedan before you decide for sure you want the Coupe. There are some subtle differences that might make you actually want the Sedan. :)

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
^ you only have 6200 miles and your car is hardly even a few months old. ;) A lot of these problems take time to develop and whatever ones are going to show up on a particular car aren't necessarily there right off the lot. My Accord started off "perfect", but by 10k miles it had a nice chorus of rattles, pops, and twangs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have an '04 6MT coupe. I bought it in Aug of '04 and I'm nearing 18k miles. My experience thus far:

1) I don't have a headliner "rattle" but when you come off a curb one wheel at a time so the body flexes, you can hear the headliner "creaking" for lack of a better word.
2) I hear these pieces rattle occasionally.
3) Don't have this problem
4) No shudder or horrible noise but the rotors were resurfaced and the front pads replaced under warranty at about 11k miles. This is typical of Honda V6s (this is my 3rd and the 3rd time I've had an early brake issue). IMHO, Honda's are WAY under-braked. I don't brake at the last minute or absue any of my cars yet these brake issues are ALWAYS there.
5) Never had a single issue with 3rd gear.
6) Leather has some creases. It's cheap leather. My Acura had cheap leather too. As far as I'm concerned just about everyone has cheap leather besides BMW and MB (and the really pricey brands -e.g. Bentley)
7) Driver's seat creaks occasionally in turns. Doesn't really feel like it's moving or "coming out of alignment" though.
8) Paint does not have dimples, but my trunk has some fairly significant imperfections. Paint quality is below average, IMO and is the worst of the 7 Hondas I've owned.
9) Don't have this problem
10) Don't have this problem
11) Don't have this problem

With that said... would I buy this car again? You bet. Overall it's just a typical Honda. Every single one I've owned has had some plastic pieces rattle here and there. The difference with this car and the rest is that all the other Hondas started rattling at 3-4k miles and they ALL went away on their own by 10k miles. This car didn't start rattling until 14-15k miles. Maybe these rattles will self-resolve as well? Only time will tell. I've had no major issues at all with the car aside from the usual brake issues. I don't think the quality of this car is any better or worse than any of my other Hondas.

·
Registered
98 Posts
SteVTEC said:
^ you only have 6200 miles and your car is hardly even a few months old. ;) A lot of these problems take time to develop ....
I'll be keeping my eyes open and will certainly report back if things develop.

My biggest concern at the moment is volume-oriented, non-enthusiast populated dealerships. :(

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
SteVTEC said:
^ you only have 6200 miles and your car is hardly even a few months old. ;) A lot of these problems take time to develop and whatever ones are going to show up on a particular car aren't necessarily there right off the lot. My Accord started off "perfect", but by 10k miles it had a nice chorus of rattles, pops, and twangs.
ya. at first i thought i was one of the lucky ones with no problems, after around 10k i started to notice rattles. and i swear i find new rattles like everytime i drive it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts