Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a set of the AEM True-power pulleys for my AV6. I know that there is also an underdrive crankshaft pulley available.

The question is, can I use both? It seems like they both do basically the same thing, so maybe they wouldn't work together. If they don't work together, which set is best to get?

I've heard that replacing your crank pulley can spell bad news, because the stock pulley smoothes out the engine vibration. Can any one confirm or dispell this?

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
H0ndaJunkie said:
I'm looking at getting a set of the AEM True-power pulleys for my AV6. I know that there is also an underdrive crankshaft pulley available.

The question is, can I use both? It seems like they both do basically the same thing, so maybe they wouldn't work together. If they don't work together, which set is best to get?

I've heard that replacing your crank pulley can spell bad news, because the stock pulley smoothes out the engine vibration. Can any one confirm or dispell this?

Please do a search on this, there are many members who have experienced varying problems with these pullies underdriving too much - causing malfunctions all over the place.

Seek and you shall find!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ton2kv6 said:
If you want pullies get UR pullies
Thanks. I noticed that does seem to be general consensus. I just wish they weren't so bloody expensive. $250 is a lot for a set of pulleys.

·
Registered
655 Posts
But then again, you are getting quality. I saw a set once and they are magnificent. You could just got for the Megan crank pulley which you could find at Ebay, and UR PS pulley. The alternator pulley is usually the cause of all those electrical problems, specially from AEM. If you want the full se just make sure your Alt is good. you can have it checked at AutoZone.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spectro said:
But then again, you are getting quality. I saw a set once and they are magnificent. You could just got for the Megan crank pulley which you could find at Ebay, and UR PS pulley. The alternator pulley is usually the cause of all those electrical problems, specially from AEM. If you want the full se just make sure your Alt is good. you can have it checked at AutoZone.
Yeah, I've got an alternator tester......I have a well stocked garage.....My alt is fine right now, but I'm not going to risk screwing it up. I'll just save my cash and get the UR set.

I would get them now, but I just spent $300 on a "Gtech Pro RR Meter". ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts