Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my favorite things about my accord is how fast it heats up / starts blowing heat in the winter. I have always wondered if this was related to the up stream cats being tucked up close to the block. Have any of you guys noticed a difference in how long it takes to head up after removing your up-stream cats? (Installing PCD's as you guys like to call them)

Just thought i would ask. thanks!

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
yo...

actually the pre-cats won't affect it...but

if you have upgraded fans,mishimoto fan switch and mishimoto t-stat and a custom radiator...your heat doesn't work till after about 10 minutes....LOL

i noticed this recently in the past 2 or 3 months...my wife compains about the heat taking a bit to warm up but I remind her in the summer...you will never have a problem....

also the only other thing that affects heat that I have noticed is the cabin filter....

·
Going back to my roots.
305 Posts
All of the Honda's I have ever had do this (Civic's and Accord's). I've also wondered why, but I don't mind it in the winter....gets a little annoying in the summer if the A/C isn't on though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies guys. my 96 turbo civic took FOREVER to heat up (unless i put a few lbs of boost in it). i just wanted to make sure that i was not going back to that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts