Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone concider swapping the HLSD from the '03 CL type S into there accord?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yes I did, but as Silver Bullit said- it's too costly. The LSD alone is $800, and install isn't cheap either. That's why I keep saying that the TL may be $8000 more than the Accord, but it has $8000 of extra stuff in it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had the Limited slip installed in my 03 6 speed for $2300. An Acura dealer did the entire job in three days and it made things so much better in drag launch situations...The torque steer is a bit harsher...but still worth it!!! Look at my time slip to tell the difference before it was installed...it ran a 15.434 at 91.76mph...now it runs a super low 14 at 101mph...

One final word of advice, if you do install the limited slip, make sure you replace your tires, you won't be able to get any traction with the stockers

·
Registered
760 Posts
6-Speed Demon said:
it ran a 15.434 at 91.76mph...now it runs a super low 14 at 101mph...
15.4 @ 91 mph is pretty bad even for a stock 6-speed Accord. I think that's about what stock V6 sedans run. A stock 6-speed should have no problem breaking into the mid-14s.

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
That is pretty bad. I read somewhere on here that people can run 14.2-14.6 in stock 6MTs. Therefore, with that addition, a average-better than average driver should be able to obtain high 13s I would guess.

I am going to have to test my track time soon...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ya, it did suck pretty bad, you do have to remember what my altitude and D.A. are. The 15.4's I ran consistantly down in Vegas at the LVMS. The altitude was only 2165, but when you factor in the 38% humidity with the 101 Degree temp, it pushes to D.A. to over 6800 ft. I know that when I ran out in Fresno when I first bought the car, it ran a couple 14.4's stock, but I wasn't used to the car yet...only had it for a couple weeks. It was pretty disappointing how it runs up at my elevation, but not much I can do about that...I need Comptech to make a S.C. so I can get around the altitude somewhat!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
i think i'm gonna save up money and try to get the lsd clutch and lightweight flywheel installed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts