Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I installed an Injen RD CAI on my coupe. It sounds great and I am happy with it so far, but after installing it I noticed that the headlight on the driver's side is very dim and the turn signal won't work. If I turn the high beam on the entire headlight assembly turns off (running light, low beam, high beam). I can induce this condition by jiggling the intake. So whats the connection??? I'm lost here.

I think it might be bad grounding, but I made sure I tightened down the grounding point and everything before I patched the car up.

Any suggestions?

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
The only thing I can think of is maybe you didn't scrape the paint off the grounding point? Not sure about the injen, but when I installed my v2, I had to relocate a grounding point. Did you have to do that too? If so did you ensure there was a connection with the body? You can do that with a ohmeter... check for continuity from the wire to the chasis to see if you have a good ground. An ohmeter will show nearly 0 ohms impedance if you have a good ground point. Give that a shot...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
smithz said:
The only thing I can think of is maybe you didn't scrape the paint off the grounding point? Not sure about the injen, but when I installed my v2, I had to relocate a grounding point. Did you have to do that too? If so did you ensure there was a connection with the body? You can do that with a ohmeter... check for continuity from the wire to the chasis to see if you have a good ground. An ohmeter will show nearly 0 ohms impedance if you have a good ground point. Give that a shot...
I just took the fender well cover back off and tightened down the grounding point again.

This worked temporarily but then the lights started flickering and eventually went back to how I described them before. Tomorrow I will try to relocate the grounding point to see if that works...its 1AM and I am sick of looking in my car's engine bay.

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Did you use a multimeter? Check for continuity... also check to make sure you didn't accidentally strip a wire on something... maybe when you wiggle your intake you are causing something to short to ground? Just thowing out suggestions... hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
smithz said:
Did you use a multimeter? Check for continuity... also check to make sure you didn't accidentally strip a wire on something... maybe when you wiggle your intake you are causing something to short to ground? Just thowing out suggestions... hope you figure it out.
No, I don't have a multimeter but I think a friend does. I am quite confident that it is the mounting point for the rubber piece because if I jiggled that and nothing else, the lights would flicker on and off, so it has to be it.

0430Steve said:
did you cut something or mess something up when removing the stock airbox?.
I don't think so...I got hung up on some of those wires for a second, but I don't think I damaged anything.

stoner said:
Man, I didn't even install the rubber mount..heh...rattles not that often surprisingly unless I don't give it enough gas to get going.....
haha, yeah I was thinking of just saying "screw it" also.

Thanks for all the comments...its a new day so I will see if I can fix it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
yea its def. got to do with your ground, or the wires...

·
Registered
603 Posts
has to be ground, don't bother getting the multimeter, cause if it worked for a short bit then went off when u tightened the ground point, that's your variable that needs to be changed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts