Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
helloooo buddyyy
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question. is it necessary to buy a bypass switch to override the dvd play back or can i just ground the parking brake to the ground?

ive installed many headunits and have bypassed the dvd playbacks but not a pioneer. ive heard that they got smart or something and blocked it.

thanks,

·
My car's a pervert too.
293 Posts
AS far as their video decks they can just be bypassed by grounding the parking brake wire. If the unit has navigation then it requires more to do the bypass because the unit has a gyro sensor that will shut down video if you're moving. Hope that helps.

·
- Leo
992 Posts
You cant ground this unit, i have it too and already tried grounding it. These new units are tricky, but from what i've read you can bypass it by getting a relay and a switch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
quick question. is it necessary to buy a bypass switch to override the dvd play back or can i just ground the parking brake to the ground?

ive installed many headunits and have bypassed the dvd playbacks but not a pioneer. ive heard that they got smart or something and blocked it.

thanks,
hey, i have this unit and i just installed it with a switch and it works perfect! the switch was 3bucks at walmart

·
helloooo buddyyy
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha wish i knew that earlier... picked up a screen months ago.. thanks for the feedback though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts