Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! everyone.

I'm heading down to Baltimore, in September with the wife and kids for a mini-vacation
Leaving Friday Night and leaving on Sunday. My Question is
when is the best time 295 by Washington DC and
when is the best time to take 495 [the one that south of Washington DC] by Washington DC.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You didn't say where you were coming from or where exactly you were going.

295 into Baltimore has road construction in-between the I-695 beltway and downtown, restricted to 2 lanes in the morning and 1 lane in the evening (normally 3 lanes). Backups have been pretty bad here. I suggest you stay on I-95 to Baltimore, a few miles longer but you get 4 lanes instead of 2.

If you provide more details then I can give you some good directions.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From NYC :) Thanks

·
Work hard, play later.
657 Posts
Stay away from 95, 270, 495 and other main HWY between 7am - 11:00am and 4pm - 7:30pm M-F Very heavy traffic.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
phatintegra said:
Stay away from 95, 270, 495 and other main HWY between 7am - 11:00am and 4pm - 7:30pm M-F Very heavy traffic.
do you have any recommendations to takke if I was going to stay away from the main HWY?

·
Registered
242 Posts
You mentioned Washington DC but that is not between NYC and Baltimore, thats why I asked for clarification. There are also several segments of '295' and I wasn't sure which you were talking about. There is I-295 from the NJTP to the Delaware portion of I-95, there is MD 295 from Baltimore all the way into DC where it turns into I-295 either to the Woodrow Wilson bridge or to I-395 in downtown DC.

Friday night going from NYC to Baltimore should not be that bad, maybe some minor delays at the tollbooths at the end of the NJTP, the Delaware Memorial Bridge, and at the tollbooths at the DE-MD line. There might be some weekend beach traffic in NJ too. Going into Baltimore should not be a problem because the heavy traffic flow will be going the opposite direction.

If you do intend to go into or past DC, then try and time it so you hit the DC beltway after 7:30, that way if you go all the way around, you would not hit the outgoing VA traffic until 8:00 on the other side. This might seem late for toting a family around, but if you are much earlier you will still arrive at the same time, just spend more time sitting in traffic.

I drive 200-400 miles a day around here, if you are specific in your destination then I can really help you out. You can PM me

·
Work hard, play later.
657 Posts
Like Truckin said it's get bumper to bumper during certain hours of the day like I mention before and Trukin said also. If we know where your destination at we can help.

I know the D.C. area and most of the back roads but trukin might know more about baltimore area then me I just know the main HWY's like 695 B/W Parkway (295), 70 and 95.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Wow, we have a whole board we can post up on and we decide to do it here, go figure. It is like the same people here as BWImports, so just post it there. It is like having a repetative conversation. -LBM

·
Registered
242 Posts
I didn't know wildpikachu was on bwimports.

I have also been super busy and haven't been there as much, also been MIA from Rockville for a while.

/OT
Raddy21 was that you I saw in Annapolis on Saturday? anyhow your pics with drop look good.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
truckin said:

I have also been super busy and haven't been there as much, also been MIA from Rockville for a while.

/OT
Raddy21 was that you I saw in Annapolis on Saturday? anyhow your pics with drop look good.
LBM wrote the above post btw not me

and nope i wasnt in annapolis on sat, i havnt been there in a few days.

Is there a twin of mine around?

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
truckin said:

/OT
I was on BWIMPORTs when!? hahah seriously.. must be different member.

I'm coming from NYC to Baltimore area [really for the food/ and MD ren faire fan] for R&R with the wife and kids..

Jersey Turnpike and then 95 south.. just get so confused when I get D.C. should I take the long way or the short way or or get stuck in traffic because it the wrong time.

I alway like to stop @ springfield @ that shopping center to gas up and eat and make sure the kids get there exercise.

·
Work hard, play later.
657 Posts
Your best bet is to Stay on 95 South to 495, you can't get lost either side of 495 you take, because it's one big belt and both end up back on 95S

If I tell you the other way's your prob going to get lost.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
phatintegra said:
Your best bet is to Stay on 95 South to 495, you can't get lost either side of 495 you take, because it's one big belt and both end up back on 95S

If I tell you the other way's your prob going to get lost.
I'm looking for the best route with least amount of traffic
for Sunday afternoon... on labor day weekend :) going back to NY.

Why! why! damn Washington DC need a loop! isn't there a nice straight route without traffic :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
wildpikachu said:
isn't there a nice straight route without traffic :)

haha good one!

·
Registered
242 Posts
wildpikachu said:
I'm looking for the best route with least amount of traffic
for Sunday afternoon... on labor day weekend :) going back to NY.

Why! why! damn Washington DC need a loop! isn't there a nice straight route without traffic :)
DC has a loop in case of nuclear attack we can still drive around it. The straight through part got canceled when people decided that it was wrong paving over crime ridden ghettos (damn hippies).

Again you say NYC to Baltimore and talk about DC. If you look at a map, you don't have to go to DC to get to Baltimore.

If you have EZ pass just use the NJTP to 295 which takes you to 95 then keep on going to Baltimore (or DC). If you want to go to Springfield VA then stay in the left 2 lanes at exit 27 in MD.

Raddy21 said:
Is there a twin of mine around?
Yeah, black coupe with tint and black rims with polished lip. I didn't get a good enough look to see what drop or what specific kind of rims.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'm an idiot.. I am still sleeping .. damn baltimore is north of DC.. doh.. sigh nevermind.. sorry people.. I really am. I need to wake up!

I got to stop thinking I'm in SC.. driving to baltimore..

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
truckin said:
Yeah, black coupe with tint and black rims with polished lip. I didn't get a good enough look to see what drop or what specific kind of rims.
cool, id love to see this maybe i should hang out in annapolis sometime haha

·
Registered
173 Posts
ucan get on rt 210 or 310 (can't remeber) in Delaware after the turnpike. it runs parallel to 95 and 295..... you get off of it in alexandria, va....from there you can got to DC no problem...i used to catch it all the time when i was stationed in Quantico, VA and made my weekend runs to NY.....about same time as highway give or take 30 minutes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts