Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Alphawerks website they don't really talk about their products much. Now, their headers aren't CARB legal right? Someone said that if they don't have the O2 sensor place or whatever that a shop could install it for you and something about an EGR? Some help with this would certainly clear things up. After looking at the dyno graph that they provide of the Accord V6 with the headers and their exhaust my eyes went like this ---> :eek:

+34hp and +26tq

Those are the gains from the Alphawerks headers AND the Alphawerks full catback exhaust.

Another question I had was if you had different exhaust would you see similar, if not the same kind of gains? I'm buying some Apex'i N1 full catback and after seeing that graph, Alphawerk headers are looking damn good haha.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have the Alphawerks headers, and they totally have the O2 sensor socket in the stock position. EGR isn't really relevant to headers for our cars.

I think you would see almost exactly the same gains from pretty much any exhaust. From what I've seen, you gain about the same from each of the exhausts available for our cars. The Alphawerks Mufflers are styled almost exactly like the Apexi N1 Mufflers, and the pipe is probably the same diameter.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I love em......nice power gains. Nice quality, but much cheaper than Comptech.....can't go wrong if you ask me.

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H0ndaJunkie said:
I love em......nice power gains. Nice quality, but much cheaper than Comptech.....can't go wrong if you ask me.
Sweetness. Looking at their dyno graph it seems that they add more power/torque than Comptech AND they are cheaper than Comptech. Just don't know if you can still pass emission with no modification to the headers :D .

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah, not being CARB Exempt is a real downer for you Cali folk. ;)

That kind of thing doesn't matter to us over here in Kentucky though. It's all up to you, I guess it's one of reason a lot of people feel that they have to spend the extra and get the Comptechs. That's probably why they are so expensive.....not because they are any better build quality, but because they spent the money on getting the exemption.

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
H0ndaJunkie said:
do you have to do it yearly for registration purposes or something?
I think so. My friend said that if you don't pass emissions you can't register your car until it passes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts