Accord V6 Forum banner

radar hard wireing?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jdm_dynasty 
#1 ·
I want to hard wire my radar to my car's fuse box and have it come on with the ignition

how can i do this ?

:D i did the search thinie too

#2 ·
If you buy a cigarette lighter socket extender and cut off the female end w/ 6 inches of cord, you can wire up that socket under the dash. That way you can still unplug the radar detector and move it later and you retain the fuse in the power adapter.

In fact, you'll have to use the socket if your radar detector's power adapter is anything other than straight 12V.

#7 ·
hondaism said:
ok I figured it out I placed the radar above the inside rear view mirror and routed the wires in the headliner down to the bottom of the cigg. lighter and splice it to that. works like a champ thanks for the input and ideas.
i hope you still have a fuse since you spliced your wires. what i did is buy another cigerette adapter. male (radar) to female (cigerrette plug). so the fuse is still attached and also if i want to sell my radar again, i wouldn't have to cut the wires. the fuse will help it from blowing up.

#10 · (Edited)
jdm_dynasty said:
i hope you still have a fuse since you spliced your wires. what i did is buy another cigerette adapter. male (radar) to female (cigerrette plug). so the fuse is still attached and also if i want to sell my radar again, i wouldn't have to cut the wires. the fuse will help it from blowing up.
Word.

Doc said:
Grrrr...
Popos use instant-on lasers over here.
Removing my fr license plate and
standing on my brakes saved me
a half dozen times, but I did get a
couple missing fr license plate tickets.
I believe I came out ahead on that.
Except the time I was going really fast...
If you aren't going too fast sometimes "losing" your insurance card will get you no insurance ticket instead of a speeding ticket...which you can get dismissed when you "find" your insurance card. Works here in DFW, at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.