Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed it yesterday. The right rear makes a strange rattling noise when I go over bumps with just that tire. Sounds like a "2 washers in a small can" kind of sound. Big bumps don't seem to make the noise, just rough pavement, like patched pot holes. Speed bumps won't duplicate the noise either no matter how fast or slow I go over them. Sounds like my old heat shield problem from my other cars, but I checked them all out, nothing seems out of whack. I have HFP suspension and Comptech rear sway and camber kit by SPC.

Anyone???

J

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it, after they resurfaced the rotors, they bumped the splash guard and it was making quite a racket. Sound was coming from the front afterall. So if you hear a strange noise that sounds like valve clatter, but coming from the suspension, check your splash guards and heat shields.

J

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I just started getting this noise in my driver's side rear (definitely from the outside). Sounds like thin metal scratching only over bumps on the freeway. My suspension is stock and the only thing I've changed recently was my sideskirts, so I don't know what gives. Anyway, thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Argh. I can't figure it out. I get a grinding/scratching noise after I hit bumps on the highway coming from outside, driver's side rear. I tightened every bolt I could find, including the endlinks on my swaybar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts