Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you know my car was keyed up pretty bad, well it happened two more times after that and now i have a really nice black accord with pinstripes in unwanted places. Ill have to pay my deductable (500) to cover the painting. I hate driving a really clean car with key marks on it, yet im worried itll happend again , what should i do?

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
I see this as a good opportunity to get a goog paint job for $500 . Avoid shopping carts, and everything else on and off wheels at all costs. Park at the end of the lot ;)

·
the josef
121 Posts
VTEC-v6! said:
I see this as a good opportunity to get a goog paint job for $500 . Avoid shopping carts, and everything else on and off wheels at all costs. Park at the end of the lot ;)
Sorry to hear about your car.. i would freak if someone did that to mine..

i probably shouldn't say this.. but make sure every piece Needs to be painted.. if you get my drift. We own a body shop and a lot of insurances inspect the car and will not paint pieces that are untouched or not badly damaged. soooo.. yeah.. :D

Another note, 500 for a complete paint job is sweet. We charge anywhere from 200-4000 for complete jobs. So.. i guess it could be worse :rolleye2:

Also, where the heck are you when it gets keyed. Stop going there man!! gees.. j/k, it happens to many good people for no freakin reason.. I'd go for the paint job but gottta try to prevent that junk from happening again.. serious security system.. or.. maybe :denali:

josef

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cant stop goin there, its where i work. And yes im pretty sure its an angry x boyfriend of a lady friend of mine. He's a big ***** and goin after my car is as far as hed come near me. That or its a bunch of angry perps who are haters of the nice rides by the precincts.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
You don't get a private garage where you work, unless you own the company, or work at home.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea no worries about where i live, its just where i park at work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
maybe you can get some kind of survalence in your car.
You should cancel your insurance, and then get some new insurance that does not have a deductible. Then make the claim and fix it. Once all that is done and fixed, change your insurance back so it has a $500 deductible. I don't know hom much your premium will go up after the claim is made because the insurance company will probably want to make their money back.

Or you can get a big body decal like a stripe and cover it all up.

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
I'd hate to say it, but if it is an x-b/f or a hater, seeing a fresh new coat of paint is only going to make them want to do it again...

Since this is the second time it's happened, try to park as close to the entrance as possible so that whoever is doing it, is visible to others as well (and you can take a quick peak if your heart so desires :) ). I believe this would be the only way to handle this realistically if you are going to repaint it (unless you're going to put cameras in your car and all that nonsense).

·
3,436 Posts
Goodness sounds like your not liked at work..Maybe you should get a new job..haha j/k I saw park by somebody that you know real good at work and put a camera in his car pointing at yours..If it happens again you have it on tape...good luck man

I know where you coming from..My car got keyed twice at my high school..

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
god damn! WHY the fukc do our accords always get keyed. i remember my first accord got keyed at least 4 different times. once i went into walmart and came out to find a fukked up surprise. i always laughed when i applied touch up paint cause my freinds would be like "wtf, why did u paint an x on the side of ur car". realisticly you cant do **** bout haters who want to scratch ur car. maybe get a bucket. i drove a ****** car for a few months and guess wat, DO ONE WANTED TO KEY IT LOL :)

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
CRV_33 said:
i wouldnt bother repainting the car til the situation at work is resolved.
:werd:

thats what i was gunna say... its a waste to throw on a new paint job. having that new fresh paint only gives that fa** a fresh start, and more satisfaction, you'll just be providing him w/ more pleasure

i was kinda thinking surveillance too... if not your own, maybe move to a spot where its at sight of one... :gotme:

good luck tho

·
Registered
71 Posts
Motion Sensor Alarm. Maybe this way someone can see who is keying your car. This will help the PoPo get him/her. Or just sit on top of the nearest building to pratice you sniping skills. :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill let you know soon enough, although i made the claim i have still held off on getting the car repainted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts