Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
i got infinity kappa 3 ways, but for those you would need spacers so it doesnt touch trunk tortion bars, mine touch but i dont care. and you would have to trim speaker covers probably. i did, got them $60 shipped from 2drcoupe(one of admins) on here
somebody selling another pair on here, check for sale section.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All you have to do is pop off that speaker cover and unscrew it from the rear deck. Some really good speakers for a good price is JL TR690-TXi 3-Way Speakers I think I picked them up for a hundred http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=128
thanks a lot for the feedback, I just spoke to one of the local audio guys and they were going to charge me 60 for installation.

hmm. I just took a look at them with the cover popped and the one working 6x9 moves up and down A LOT even when the stereo volume is at 15! is that normal? or does that mean it's really old?

Also, about the link you gave me, are they a lot better then stock? I can tell some of my bass is gone from the speaker being out. Thanks for the feedback you guys.

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
i dont know about those. if you dont have sub i would go for speakers that have crossovers, because in my experience with 3 way speakers, bass kills high notes because there is no separation between low and high input to speakers. i got infinity kappa and they have crossovers and i can see difference specialy in songs that have high bass

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont know about those. if you dont have sub i would go for speakers that have crossovers, because in my experience with 3 way speakers, bass kills high notes because there is no separation between low and high input to speakers. i got infinity kappa and they have crossovers and i can see difference specialy in songs that have high bass

I use to have a 01 accord, and I bought infinity kappas for those and they were SWEET. You just reminded my, I have those in my garage somewhere. But it's a mess in there, so it's going to be very hard to find them. Why didn't I think of this earlier!!! I have very nice door speakers as well to go with them. But I have a feeling those are going to be hard to install.

So you think those 3-way speakers are going to have too much bass?

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
I use to have a 01 accord, and I bought infinity kappas for those and they were SWEET. You just reminded my, I have those in my garage somewhere. But it's a mess in there, so it's going to be very hard to find them. Why didn't I think of this earlier!!! I have very nice door speakers as well to go with them. But I have a feeling those are going to be hard to install.

So you think those 3-way speakers are going to have too much bass?
mine do. they sounds pretty damn good with bass. now i just have to find whats ratteling. i just put them in back but front, in order to install i need ether spacers or cut metal(im gona try spacers).
i got pigtails for stock connectors from circuit city so i dont have to cut oem wires.
and get off your ass and clean up your garage lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts