Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some of you have cutout your rear bumper to accomodate coupe dual exhaust systems on your sedan. How did you do this? The ones I've seen look very clean, almost factory. Do you buy a new aftermarket bumper or just cut in to the stock one? Thanks for any help here! :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you go out to your car, lie on your back, and slide underneath (at the rear-end of course) you will notice that you already have the plastic there to cut out. You will just have to cut away the unwanted plastic, sand smooth (80, then 180, then 300 grit) so it looks like factory, and then take the bumper to body shop for paint. Taa daa!!! You got bumper with cutouts.

P.S. Where did you see this done? Cause I'm gonna do it next week for my custom exhaust install. Post up some pics dude!

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
:werd:

most of the guys w/ sedans that ive see w/ aftermarket exhaust's have kits or didnt cut into the bumper....

:gotme:

edit: actually i take that back, i just saw something i hadnt seen before...

username: Hownet... (bottom of thread)
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51545

mr vtec didnt cut into his bumper...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that's the thread I saw that got me started on this idea. I will have to check this afternoon on the cutouts (if they're really there-I sure hope they are!). Thanks for the input guys!

·
^ lives for this stuff
287 Posts
There is def. an area to be cut out. Look at my avitor. when i had my rear bumber off, I went ahead and taped off the area on the outside of the bumper to see what it would look like if i were to cut it out. Then did a quick Paint Brush PhotoShop on it and bam there you have it.

I think that I mentioned that to you guys a long long time ago. It's a big cut out though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts