Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale: used rear powerslot rotors.. had them on my car for about 2 years using hawk pads... improved stopping performance by upgrading the rotors and pads.. but more importantly I never had any shudder or vibration with these rotors.. which the oem rotors developed over time.

these rotors cost about 70 per side brand new.. i'm asking for 50+shipping for BOTH. If there are serious interests I will snap some pictures and put them up. as a warning.. the rotors are covered in rust now from sitting about 2 weeks since they were taken off the car.. but that's just normal and the rust is scraped off as soon as pads start hitting the rotors again

note: these are OEM sized rotors. any 7th gen with rear disc brakes can use these.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
What do you think the life span is on these since you had 2 years of driving time on them (and IIRC you road race so they've probably been through the burner)?

I was quoted $450 to replace my rear rotors from Honda and there's no way in hell I'm doing that. Also, I assume powerslot means they are slotted rear rotors, correct? Can you use stock break pads with them?

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good lord 450 is steep. These are far better than oem rotors.. And not hard to replace yourself either. I'd say the rotors have at least another good year or use on them.. I did autocross with them but those are only 40-60 second runs and don't put as much stress on the brakes as something like track or road racing. The rotors are oem sized and can be used with any pads that fit the stock calipers (assuming you have stock calipers)

And yup they're slotted. Power slot is actually the brand name but all of their rotors are slotted

·
Sosi baklazhani bydlo
710 Posts
yeah they will fit.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the general concensus is that most shops arent willing to do it... some will. these rotors werent warped and didnt have vibration so they wouldnt need turning for that purpose.... for installing with new pads, a few passes with some sandpaper should do pretty well in removing brake pad residue.. i know paul also makes a pass or two very carefully and lightly with a cleaning pad

aznkid i'll get you pictures tonight hopefully

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know im horrible at getting pictures of these up.. they're in the bottom of my storage unit and i haven't been down there.

bump and hopefully will get the pictures soon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts