Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question here.

Ive had a set up done with front 6.5 Kappas, rear 6x9 Kappas, and Amps.

However why does my rear sound louder than my front speakers? Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the front and rears are almost at max!

Does it make a difference or should I just lower the rears?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fade is in the center. Equally all around...

·
:::::::Gettin' By:::::::
63 Posts
I don't know if the gains should be up so high but in any case just set the fader more to the front.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just fount out that my HU front/rear adjustment is wired backwards. If I increase the rear my rear fades if I increase the fronts my fronts fade... Think I need a new rewiring job?

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
Either re-wire correctly or just "raise" the rear speakers to lower them making your front ones louder. 9/10 times the rear 6X9's are going to sound louder than the font speakers. I think it has something to do with the placement of the speakers and where your ears are. I always lower the rear speakers and make the front ones louder since I don't like the sound behind me.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh ok. If its normal that the rears will be louder than the fronts them Im relieved. I thought there was some wiring or power problem.. Thanks

·
Registered
642 Posts
6x9's have more cone area so will usually have a higher sensetivity rating. Having them hitting off the rear glass causes extra reflections and is probably causing a peak somewhere in the response making them seem even louder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts