Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i ordered 18x7.5 silver hp evo's wrapped in 225/40/18 kumho tires

and i rub at stock height with them, and it's kind of odd cuz the front tires stick out a bit, i read the tire and its 225/40/18, like how i wanted, but i took a measuring tape measured the rims diameter, not including the tire, and i got 19 to 19 1/2 '
what's up with this? Am i measuring it wrong? becuz i ordered 18's not 19's, and i got 19's, so is it right where u can put on 225/40/18 tires on 19's?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
yeah, i mean, there is no doubt about it, if you have 225.40.18s, you have 18s.

its just how they measure the rim. the inside diameter might be 18", but outside with the lip and all might be 19", i dunno, but like smokey said, 18" tire means 18" rim

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

i guess they are 18's..... do you guys know anyone that are interested in these rims..? i'm selling em...just took em off today, lol only used them two days

sigh such a mistake, so i have to get a offset of 45 or higher?

·
Registered
885 Posts
You don't measure at the lip, you measure at the tire seating surface which would be the inside of the lip. Those be 18"s. What offsest did you get? 42+ is a must, with 225s I'd go 45-46ish

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i might just keep them, because on my other thread some guy had the same problem and he hired a machine shop to shave the inner rim hub or something and it doesn't rub anymore for him.....or i'll sell it i don't know yet this really sucks haha

·
Registered
206 Posts
why not just ***** at the place that sold them to you for sending the wrong offset, its there mistake

1 - 13 of 13 Posts