Accord V6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
moDDerator (wannabe)
1,475 Posts
niceee

yea i think white leds on those climate control lcd and time will look better! as well as white led's on the gauges and red led's in the mileage lcd's/

there was a tape/filter that was being sold here that inversed the color of the lcd. meaning the background got black and only the lcd letterings/display turned that color. makes sense?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
madaccord said:
anyone near alhambra, wanan help me do it, willing to pay money
Depending on what you want done, you can send the bulb holders out to someone who is willing to do it for you. I don't think I am willing to take on another climate control just yet, considering I still gotta do my girlfriend's ride... There is a guy on this site, Entcee, who can do it for you, for sure.

corrado85 said:
niceee

yea i think white leds on those climate control lcd and time will look better! as well as white led's on the gauges and red led's in the mileage lcd's/
I will swicth out the LCD bulbs once I get some 5mm white LEDs. Also, I am not sure if I want red gauges and a white odometer (this would be consistent with the rest of the car), or white guages and a red odometer. I will have to do some experimenting. Also, I am going to try and hunt down some polarized film, if anyone has some extra please let me know :) I have never seen it with red or white, so I am anxious to try it out. The guy who was selling/using PF is DaveMorin, check out his gauges, they are hot!

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
nice work there moom..IMO blue leds still look kewler!!! i paid someguy to do mine...well worth it but its not complete like urs.. doesn't ur alpine deck lites mismatch ur red leds? how hard is it to get the drivers security led bulb switched over to blue led? can u solder it rite in the car? thanx later

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
kleptodathief said:
nice work there moom..IMO blue leds still look kewler!!! i paid someguy to do mine...well worth it but its not complete like urs.. doesn't ur alpine deck lites mismatch ur red leds? how hard is it to get the drivers security led bulb switched over to blue led? can u solder it rite in the car? thanx later
Hey, thanks man! Blue does look nice, in fact blue is my favorite color. But I have a san marino coupe, I think the blue would clash a bit. My Alpine deck does mismatch, right now. I can color match 4 of the bottuns, but the rest are all green. I am going to pull it out and take a look at it next week, see if I can convert it to red. As for the security light, it can be changed. I am not sure how hard/easy it is, because I have never messed with it, but I have seen it done. Pull off the door and check it out, can't be too difficult.

·
Registered
165 Posts
hmmmm. did anyone else's gas light burn out?

I dont remember if ever going on.....and i run on fumes a lot. Also my cruise control (the green light) is out too.

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
peoples said:
hmmmm. did anyone else's gas light burn out?

I dont remember if ever going on.....and i run on fumes a lot. Also my cruise control (the green light) is out too.
my gaslight has been out for over 3 years..... since i bought the car

·
Shes like the wind
1,094 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
KnightRyder said:
i did mine just a few weeks ago in hyper white... be warned that the CC screen has a slight bluish hue to it.
stupidaznmunkey said:
i just did the gauges...so hyper white on gauges turns out to be a little blue :( its okay though
Pics!! :D

Slo Accord said:
hey ~~m(o.o)m~~ could you point me towards the leds you bought from ebay and the resistors you got at radioshack. I cant seem to locate them on their website. thx
On ebay I just typed in 5mm LED and picked the color I wanted and the highest MCD value I could find, 20,000. MCD is the measure of light output intensity of the LED, over time (I think :p ). As for the resistors, any 471 surface mount resistor should do it, the ones I picked up were 1206, ½ watt, 470ohm, and 0805, ½ watt, 470ohm surface mount resistors, both with 5% tolerance. Hope this helps. :)

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
i'd take pics of my hyper white set up but i cant because my alternator just died = battery is dead = no power so no lights :(

and i still need to do the Cruise/sunroof buttons. i also want to find a brighter led to make the climate control screen whiter/brighter (i have 20,000mcd 5mm led in there now) i might jump it up to 40,000mcd. i also need to reaim my clock's led.

·
Shes like the wind
1,094 Posts
KnightRyder said:
i'd take pics of my hyper white set up but i cant because my alternator just died = battery is dead = no power so no lights :(

and i still need to do the Cruise/sunroof buttons. i also want to find a brighter led to make the climate control screen whiter/brighter (i have 20,000mcd 5mm led in there now) i might jump it up to 40,000mcd. i also need to reaim my clock's led.

does your hyper white light up baby blue??
thinking of going with hyper white. :D

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
the gauges are a slight blue, my odometer used to be sky blue with the white led but i got it to match my gauges. wasnt easy but i did it.

ive got blue blinkers, going to use blue indicator lights for the CC and blue indicator light for the Cruise Control button.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
KnightRyder said:

Good luck with the alternator, be sure to post up some pics when you get that taken care of, if you don't mind. Also, you said you were able to get your gauges LEDs from a light blue to more of a hyper white, how'd you do it? I have starting playing around with the cluster, I think I have a lot of work to do...

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
no, i didnt change the color of the gauges, i changed the color of the odometer.

if you put a white led in the odometer you'll see that it lights up significantly blue. i managed to make that the same color of the gauges which is white with a hint of blue.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts