Accord V6 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
KnightRyder said:
no, i didnt change the color of the gauges, i changed the color of the odometer.

if you put a white led in the odometer you'll see that it lights up significantly blue. i managed to make that the same color of the gauges which is white with a hint of blue.
Ohh, I must have mis-read your post. yeah, I had a "white" LED in the odometer but it was more light blue than white, for sure.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Yeah I am familiar with the viewing angle aspect of LEDs. I actually ran across some 360 degree viewing angle LEDs on suprbrightleds.com. Does this mean no shaving, and a brighter light output? Thanks for the clarification and info, as you could probably tell I'm not very smart when it comes to this LED stuff...

BTW if you wanted to use a pic or two of mine to show the red LED converison on an accord I think that might b useful to your customers. I know when I have been on your site, all I have seen is blue conversions.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
~~m(o.o)m~~ said:
Yeah I am familiar with the viewing angle aspect of LEDs. I actually ran across some 360 degree viewing angle LEDs on suprbrightleds.com. Does this mean no shaving, and a brighter light output? Thanks for the clarification and info, as you could probably tell I'm not very smart when it comes to this LED stuff...
Looks like you got the job done :)

The 360 degree LEDs may actually be slightly dimmer, but may also have less hot spots. This will give you more even light.

Th eony way to know for sure what it will look like would be to try those LEDs. I have a light meter that I can test different LEDs to check their brightness, but it really does not take the viewing angle into consideration.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Entcee said:
Looks like you got the job done :)

The 360 degree LEDs may actually be slightly dimmer, but may also have less hot spots. This will give you more even light.

Th eony way to know for sure what it will look like would be to try those LEDs. I have a light meter that I can test different LEDs to check their brightness, but it really does not take the viewing angle into consideration.
Hmm.. If that is the case, maybe I will order 50 or so and use them in the cluster. I think that is usually what has the most hot spots, at least from what I have read.

·
Shes like the wind
1,094 Posts
the only thing i hate about blue led is that the clock, odometer lcd bacground screen look purple during the daytime. i might just switch to bulbs for the lcd and redo everything with white led.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
xi0utlawstarix said:
the only thing i hate about blue led is that the clock, odometer lcd bacground screen look purple during the daytime. i might just switch to bulbs for the lcd and redo everything with white led.
Yeah, my red LEDs look pink in the daytime... not cool! If you go to white LEDs, be sure to post pics!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Red LED Climate Control (56k, think twice.)

So I started my red LED conversion today, hopefully I will finish it by next semester. I enlisted the help of a professional solder"er" (if there is such a thing). She works on circuit boards the size of my thumb, so this was a breeze for her. Anyways, here are pics, keep in mind that the pictures don't do the climate control justice. The color is a deeper red in person.

I'm thinking about changing the clock and A/C LCDs to hyper white. The red is a little dull, it isn't bad, but I think a nice hyper white LED would contrast nicely. Also, I am going to do the indicator buttons in white, too. Next on the list is the gauges; I am going to stuff about 25 LEDs in there... still not sure how though.

Leave me some feedback, let me know what you think.
did you have to solder the indicator lights?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts