Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the reply. i checked out the website and found the post about the tail lighs. after reading that painting tail lights is hard and would fade i now know to go with the vinyl. thanks for the post!! time for me to go shoppin for some red vinyl :)

·
hmmm...
922 Posts
you can always buy the tail lite spray paint like i did...just spray on a few caots and its good to go...it looks pretty good too..

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
???

ok, that's it i give up, where the hell can i find these vinyl strips?? every place i go to has some funky shading on them which i dont like. any help would be greatly appreciated :D

·
Banned
117 Posts
Use the reverse light for the turnsignal. and the bottom lamp has to be wired into the always on illumination wire. and the top will be the brake light that stays on and illuminates with the brake. i used a socket connector, the same as the reverse light and drilled it in and it seats perfectly. amazing DIY.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Use the reverse light for the turnsignal. and the bottom lamp has to be wired into the always on illumination wire. and the top will be the brake light that stays on and illuminates with the brake. i used a socket connector, the same as the reverse light and drilled it in and it seats perfectly. amazing DIY.
Sounds interesting.. got pix and diagram?

relentless had done this mod where the turn signal also act as brake light when braking.. (so you see 4 reds instead of just 2).. and also flash when turning.. i wanted to do that as well..

·
Banned
117 Posts
I don't have a diagram i could make you one. Some of the butt connectors at the tip of the wire can actually be released from the harness with a pin and then swithced with the other harnesses to avoid cutting. i will post pics in my gallery later.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Brex for the link. I wrote them and they said they don't sale transparent red vinyl. Do you know any other links that may have them? Thanks!

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
^^^ transparent red vinyl???.. if it is red, how can it be transparent? :confuse2:

it only have certain degree of lights that the vinyl can pass thru, right? but never completly "transparent"...

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
Hey guys, I beleive I can get my hands on some transparent vinyl at work, Ill find out monday for ya. Ill even cut it to spec so that it will go right into place if you want. Do you want it for application on the outside? or do you plan to pull your tail lights apart so that it can be applied from the inside- personally i would just apply it to the outside, its half the effort, one- becuase you dont have to pull your lights apart and reseal them, and two- the inside has ridges that would be difficult to get vinyl to apply perfectly to. The outside would look just fine, only noticeable from up close. pm me, or message me here if your interested.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
brex said:
^^^ transparent red vinyl???.. if it is red, how can it be transparent? :confuse2:

it only have certain degree of lights that the vinyl can pass thru, right? but never completly "transparent"...
"Transparent" means transmitting any amount of light. Transmitting no light would be "opaque". "Fully transparent" would be "clear".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts