Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so I was going about replacing my driver side front brake dust shield since the old one has been literally crumbling. However, I did not realize that the hub on my 2004 V6 would be different than what I expected in regards to removing it. I figured it would have a 4 bolt pattern on the back similar to some of the civics etc. Is it possible for me to remove the hub without having to take out the whole spindle and bearing assembly etc? If I get the axle nut off will I be able to just pull out the hub with a slide hammer or something? I considered just modifying the new shield by cutting the inside section of the circle that runs by the caliper but my shield screws are also shot. So I will have to remove the hub and drill those out as well.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
to clarify, I was hoping not to have to replace the hub or the bearing just for a brake dust shield and some screw bolts. Since I will need to drill out the screws for the shield, can I just drill a small access hole through the hub face? This would allow me to pass a drill bit through and be aligned with the rusted and stripped screws. But I didn’t know if a small hole would jeopardize the safety of the hub. I figured since there is a lot of material between the lugs it could be fine, but not sure. If I use a puller to take off the hub and can reuse the hub by going to a shop somewhere to get it pressed, I will obviously do that. But I have heard that sometimes the outer race of the bearing can come out with the hub and I didn’t know if that means I would have to replace the bearing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts