Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm planning to remove my front tint soon because of a fix it ticket.. I'm wondering if I should remove all 5 windows because I think having tint in the back and none in the front looks kind of weird. I also kind of miss that stock green smoke color that our windows have =). Anyone removed their tint and learned to like it better? or regret it? any pictures?

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
are you talking about the front door windows or the front windshield? if you're talking about the front door windows...i'd say remove it all. unless the back is REALLY light. if you're talking about the front windshield...then just remove that.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Personally I would just leave it on. Im thinking about retinting mine, because after almost 10 years it is starting to show major wear, but I was told that it is possible when taking the rear window tint off you can accedentlly rip a line, so you have no rear deforster. Just something to be carefull about if you decide to remove it all.

·
Registered
887 Posts
you'll feel naked once you take off your tints.. i had tints for about 2 and a half years until cops started giving me warnings and then eventually a few tickets.. but you kinda get used to it.. but i'm going to retint very soon.. only 35% though.. =[

·
Registered
790 Posts
wow. you guys have strict laws in your state. i have 15% on my accord all around. front windshield can't be less than 35% so i didn't tint the front. on my camry, i have 5%. i regret it because when i'm backing out, i can't see nothing but i bought a rear view camera so i can see now.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm.. i might just go with your guys advice and keep the rear tint then and then i'll probably put 70 percent tint in the front in the future or something but god I hate California right now, i'm going to hate it even more once summer comes because then i'll be even more pissed off about the sun burning my face off

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think 35% is illegal in CA?
Yes any tint in front windows technically is illegal in CA however many cars are now made with the front windows tinted. No more or less I should say than 70% though. Basically anything lower than that is risky. I agree with the idea that if some windows are tinted than it looks kinda wierd with some not tinted. I just got my front two windows tinted 20% and my backs are 5% I love the difference. However, I still think that keeping the back tint will look better (imo it seems to draw attention to the car's body and wheels rather than the inside of the car). Besides, it keeps your car cooler, your interior protected from sun, and possibly your valuables from thieves. Not to mention the comfort of passengers in the back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts