Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding on stock shocks with nuespeed sport springs for the past year. The

ride started to progressively worse. So finally, this past weekend, I received my

KYG AGX shocks from ebay. The total came out to $304 including shipping. This

was the cheapest place on the net. So I installed them on Saturday. I took me,

working by myself, five hours to complete the install. The rear shocks are always

a pain in the ass. I spent most of the time on those. Also, I did not rent a spring

compressor and I didn't need it. I was able to push down on the springs with my

hands.

Initially, I had set the front on 2 and the rears on 4, but after riding around, the

rear was harsh, so I put them on 3.

Overall, I am very happy with the results. Last night, I had a chance to test out

the suspension thru some twisty roads. Boy, that is it grab the road!!

If you 5th gen. guys have any questions regarding the removal or installation,

please let me know.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got the agx on for a while now. I enjoyed them a lot, but I think they are gone now...need to get replacement... still decideing what setup I should get...Really what tru coil overs but low on cash.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
95BlackAccordV6 said:
I got the agx on for a while now. I enjoyed them a lot, but I think they are gone now...need to get replacement... still decideing what setup I should get...Really what tru coil overs but low on cash.

Which springs do you have now?

The AGX have lifetime warranty. I say you get replacements from KYB, then sell them to someone here. That way, you will have some extra cash on hand for your next purchase. :D

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
call kyb
they will re-build broken shocks
hope you still have the bill
if not get tony at the local parts store to make up a fake bill

as for true coilovers ...
you get get a nex (2nd gen kit )
you can get apexi ( world sport )
you can get tein ( basic )

the only issue I have with these kits is they rust, at least up here in canada ( for people who drive it all year long )
I mean really really rust ... like brown in one winter
if they would design a treatment to prevent it, because there are about 5 ways to rust proof your car, and none of these chemicals work on that type of metal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts