Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had my mechanic flush my power steering fluid while doing my timing belt because I've never flushed it after owning the car. After everything is done he turns on the car and theres this noise coming from the pump. He tells me there is air in the lines and it should go away in a couple of hours. So I searched around here and found it was true, but they said it'll probably go away in less than two days.

I let a whole week and a half pass by and the noise is still there, so I come back to my mechanic checks the hose and as he bends the hose with some pliers, the noise goes away but I soon as turn the wheel I'll hear it again just when I turn. So he tells me I need to get a new pump and I'm like ,great!!!

Anyway, I just want to know if there is anything you guys would recommend I do with the pump? If I do have to replace it, do you guys know any DIY's on replacing my power steering?

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
gabedabomb said:
I just checked Honda’s service manual and apparently they drain all PS fluid by rerouting return line to waste container and then they run engine to pump all fluid out.
But there is nothing wrong with doing the flush in way it’s described in an article; I’d prefer to do the flush that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts