Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think the stock automatic shift knob looks sooo lame. i want to replace it with a BMW style shifter.. u kno, the one where the trigger button is on the front rather than on the side. is this possible?

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
the knob yesh. you want just a new shift knob you should check out the momo auto shift knob. it looks good. look up for "brex" he got this shift knob wit shift boot.

·
Registered
129 Posts
momo makes one where u push the whole knob down...do any companies make on where the button is in the same position as the bmw?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey I dont know if this would work, but I remeber the Civic has the shift knob where you push it from the front...it wouldnt look bad...im looking for it now...

·
Registered
406 Posts
just to change the shift knob? wow that's interestin, the accord seems a bit wide to hold and annoyin-looking sometime, it would b nice to have a race-like shifter :rolleye2:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey bullet I was at the dealer on 6/2 and lookin at the civic shifter, it seems to be able to fit but the screws where the shifter screw in for the civic will not line up with the accord screw holes, so there woudl be some sort of gap which woudl show jsut a metal rod...I dont think it would look as nice as it does on the civic, heres another shifter to check out, the toyota celica shifter for AT, it would work but once again how will it look comestically...otherwise why are we lookin to change the shifter in the first plcae....

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
I4AccoRd said:
Just making sure, we are talking about the shift knob on an automatic right?
Yes :D

All you have to do is unscrew the screw(s), slide the shifter up and out.

Align the new one, screw in the bolts and your done. A 10-15 minute job. :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts