Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a set of Acura TL OEM wheels, 17x8 offset +45mm and I was going to purchase a set of 235/45/17 Pirellis for them.

I know it should fit but I would like pictures of them on an Accord Sedan or Coupe from the rear (or front) so I can see how close to the fender the tires get? I drive fairly aggressively and autocross, so I would like to make sure theres no rubbing when I drive like that.

Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct are telling me the max I can go are 215 or 225 respectively for width, if that counts for anything.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I currently have the 2004 Acura TL OEM wheels 17x8 with 235/45/17 tires on my 03 coupe... in addition i have the HFP suspension kit (which lowers the car 1 inch)... and i absolutely have NO rubbing... in fact there is EXACTLY a 2 finger gap from the tire to the fender...

hope that helps

·
Registered
807 Posts
I also have 04 TL wheels with stock tires, I just lowered my car with tein basic one finger on each wheel front and back and sittin on 17" TSX wheels w/ stock tires right now. With the TL wheels w/ lower side wall 45 compare to TSX 50, do u guys think i will rub?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have 235/35/19 and my car is lowered 1.3 F and 1.8 back and i live in san francisco where the roads are full of pot holes and i Rarely rub sop don't trip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts